Bale: don’t believe the gripe

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Writer and Journalist, Adam Powley, guest writes for The Fighting Cock as he gives his view on the Bale escape and what’s left behind. Relief. That’s the emotion many Tottenham fans will no doubt be feeling – relieved that the deal is finally done. A protracted, occasionally dispiriting and often tedious saga has reached some kind of conclusion with the news that Gareth Bale has finally left Spurs to sign for Real Madrid for a mind-boggling £85m. The story won’t […]

Continue reading...

Nice article dude.

Only thing I would say (and have said on another thread) about our so called 'spending spree' it turns out that it's actually only 4.5 million more than we spent in the 08-09 season (104.5 mil spent, although a large proportion of that was also in January).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008–09_Tottenham_Hotspur_F.C._season

While income from sales was significantly less back then. So in terms of 'ambition' does the money spent show any differences from previous seasons? I would certainly agree that the level of the players signed shows a increased ambition.

Cracking article!
At least he's fit to train for Wales now.... Thank the Lord!
I bet it was a nervous 24hours for Madrid after the month he's been out injured, added to the sham showbiz medical they conducted yesterday, that probably didn't detect ANYTHING!

OK, I'm gonna let it go now, I'm GENUINELY pleased for him... Just not for spoilt, tapping up club Real Madrid, or his despicable pair of obscenely-wealthier-than-they-were-24-hours-ago Agents!

Good article. I agree with the part about us having done to Southampton what Real did to us. Big fish eat the little ones, then they in turn are eaten by the bigger ones. It's just the way it goes, and our club isn't 100% innocent.

Thanks for this article, it is spot on, and thanks also for linking the Alan Fisher blog. Between them, these 2 articles sum up everything about Gareth's amazing adventures in lilywhite.

Meh, yeah. It would have been good to see him one more time at the Lane, even if it was just for a decent send-off. Going without that opportunity feels a bit empty.

Not that I felt much for Gallas going.

Excellent article.

The dark underbelly of these transfers really needs to be forced into the open.

It will never happen though. That's why football fans get more and more cynical each year.

Really well-written piece.

It's still sad seeing him in a Real Madrid shirt but life goes on. I wouldn't shed a tear, however, if something rather untoward happens to Barnett and Manasseh.

Good article. I agree with the part about us having done to Southampton what Real did to us. Big fish eat the little ones, then they in turn are eaten by the bigger ones. It's just the way it goes, and our club isn't 100% innocent.

1146282_10151816553333586_1766675358_o.jpg

:avbnaa:

Back
Top Bottom