Balaguè's book - Brave New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope MC's involvement with this book has Levy's blessing.
Levy has been ruthless in the past with Managers talking to the press out of turn.

I think the time to question Pochettino has now past.

Just because things aren't normally done doesn't mean that they shouldn't.

So if for example you tap up our players, we appear to have no issue of calling you out. Or if you let your head get turned, it may come out.

Fuck all the soft peddlers, if they don't like it get a new team. This is the future. In 10 years we'll be saying it was exactly this type of attitude that set us on our decade of dominance, the next coming of Ferguson etc.

I think Dier might join Rose as players we're prepared to let go for the right money next season. He's not first choice CB and we've got a ridiculous amount of choice in CM. He'll probably go to Man Utd but find himself in a similar situation, only on better money. The best move for him, in terms of being a guaranteed starter, would be Liverpool, if he's prepared to take a step down.

I think Dier might join Rose as players we're prepared to let go for the right money next season. He's not first choice CB and we've got a ridiculous amount of choice in CM. He'll probably go to Man Utd but find himself in a similar situation, only on better money. The best move for him, in terms of being a guaranteed starter, would be Liverpool, if he's prepared to take a step down.
No thanks. I'd keep. His ceiling is very high.

Poch suggests he sees Dier as our long term CB replacement for Toby and/or Jan. His career could go much like Ledley, who played a lot of CM football early in his career.

Dier-Sanchez-Foyth could be our back line in 5 years.

Poch suggests he sees Dier as our long term CB replacement for Toby and/or Jan. His career could go much like Ledley, who played a lot of CM football early in his career.

Dier-Sanchez-Foyth could be our back line in 5 years.

Sanchez RCB with Dier CB for me.

That is where they both played against Real Madrid and they both looked excellent.

Regarding the player that sang about Mourinho after the cup loss, on further thought I just absolutely can't look past Adebayor. He played under Mourinho on loan to Madrid and admitted to keeping in touch with him after leaving.

'"I had discussion with Mourinho about the move," Adebayor told reporters. "He told me 'You have to think of your career and if you have a chance to go to Spurs, go out there, score goals and enjoy yourself again on the soccer field.'

"He is a good manager and I have always had respect for that man. Even when I came to Tottenham when I was sleeping I got a message from him. It is always nice to have a message from Jose Mourinho. He is a nice person and wish him the best of luck in Madrid this season.

"Hopefully he will achieve his target, which is to win the Champions League and the [Spanish] league."'

He had already lost the striker job, was frozen out, and IIRC was at one point banned from training with the first team.

Regarding the player that sang about Mourinho after the cup loss, on further thought I just absolutely can't look past Adebayor. He played under Mourinho on loan to Madrid and admitted to keeping in touch with him after leaving.

'"I had discussion with Mourinho about the move," Adebayor told reporters. "He told me 'You have to think of your career and if you have a chance to go to Spurs, go out there, score goals and enjoy yourself again on the soccer field.'

"He is a good manager and I have always had respect for that man. Even when I came to Tottenham when I was sleeping I got a message from him. It is always nice to have a message from Jose Mourinho. He is a nice person and wish him the best of luck in Madrid this season.

"Hopefully he will achieve his target, which is to win the Champions League and the [Spanish] league."'

He had already lost the striker job, was frozen out, and IIRC was at one point banned from training with the first team.
Your last paragraph also proves that he wouldn’t have been there to do it.

Your last paragraph also proves that he wouldn’t have been there to do it.
Would you mind explaining how?

Pochettino relates that it happened the next day, presumably in training. Says nothing that it happened in full sight of Pochettino. It's perfectly possible that Adebayor had been frozen out already and Jersus Perez was overseeing the academy players training.

It took us a long damned time to cut him loose, after all.

Would you mind explaining how?

Pochettino relates that it happened the next day, presumably in training. Says nothing that it happened in full sight of Pochettino. It's perfectly possible that Adebayor had been frozen out already and Jersus Perez was overseeing the academy players training.
Adebayor played several matches for us after the League Cup Final. I doubt Poch would have ever played someone so disrespectful to a coach.

Adebayor played several matches for us after the League Cup Final. I doubt Poch would have ever played someone so disrespectful to a coach.
Ok, I'm double checking starting 11 + substitute histories. Will report back.
edit: You're right. He made a series of substitute appearances. Never mind.

Ok, I'm double checking starting 11 + substitute histories. Will report back.
edit: You're right. He made a series of substitute appearances. Never mind.
Two weeks after the Cup Final, Ade palyed for us against United. I can't see that happening if he had been the one singing Mourinho's chant. Capoue and Kaboul never played for us again after the Cup Final. It almost certainly was one of them. My money is on Kaboul given the implication that it was a senior player.

Back
Top Bottom