Balaguè's book - Brave New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think this book shouldnt have e been written until after his career or at least after he left the club . Yes it’ll be fascinating but it’s not like he needs the publicity or cash
Good motivation for the players though. Act like a twat and Poch will cunt you off in a best seller.

I think this book shouldnt have e been written until after his career or at least after he left the club . Yes it’ll be fascinating but it’s not like he needs the publicity or cash

I think it's great to have a book on our man. This is what having a World Class manager is all about.

As for the comments on players, it's perfect. Walkers gone, so fuck him, fuck him in the arse, show him for what he is, a player that didn't have the fight, a player that was dropped because he didn't have the fight. This alone shows to the other players that we don't want this attitude at our club, you are either on board or you are gone, and once you are gone we can shame you if we want, do not fuck with us.

The Dier stuff is just as perfect because they have worked, his performances have picked up. Have you noticed he really does any interviews now, social media output is almost zero, bromance with Dele no longer flirted about. At the same time a very subtle light has now been shone of the skullduggery of other clubs, my guess the reason why we didn't report Citeh and Utd for tapping up is because we do it as well. That said, if the press want to do it, seeds have been sown and fingers pointed at both clubs for illegally tapping up our players. The press will be spineless if they don't question Mourinho on why he waited in the tunnel to speak to Dier and what was he talking to a Tottenham player about.

In my eyes the read is fascinating and an exciting insight into not just Poch but our Club to and what and how we are dealing with when the sharks circle. There is a reason why only one player has left Spurs from this squad and not the entire team as have been reported. That alone is proof we know what we are doing.

Will we lose another big player, yes of corse we will. But I sleep easy that we will get a world record fee, they will be only one player to leave, he will be replaced with two players both adding more quality and depth to the squad within two years of their arrival, we will not lose our level because of it and the player that left would be one that "wasn't up to it".

The Dier story, imo, seems to not be a story of "spilling the guts", but rather a story of tapping up, of going through a bad spell, of player and manager having a good talk and of player finding back to his best self.

There have been strong rumours linking Dier to Utd. Now they've been explained and sorted in a way that makes both Dier and Poch look good.

They'll bring it up when it suits them. I listened to the Sunday Supplement (pod) today, fucking hell, the tone in their voices, they seem to think it's a big vanity project. They also think Poch shouldn't do it because "what's he won". I loath those cunts, convinced the attitude exists because they perhaps don't like the author and they know they would never be given the opportunity to either. I mean it was Custis that was banging on about "what's he won", the man has ghost written Sam Allardyce's book, twat.

This week they got three new guests in to discuss "old white men running the racist FA". Call me cynical but the coincidence of them ditching their usual panel of old white men for three debutants all of ethnic origin didn't seem hypocritical at all...

I think Dier might join Rose as players we're prepared to let go for the right money next season. He's not first choice CB and we've got a ridiculous amount of choice in CM. He'll probably go to Man Utd but find himself in a similar situation, only on better money. The best move for him, in terms of being a guaranteed starter, would be Liverpool, if he's prepared to take a step down.

I see why you think this but I think his versatility makes him too valuable. I think we'll keep him.

I think Dier might join Rose as players we're prepared to let go for the right money next season. He's not first choice CB and we've got a ridiculous amount of choice in CM. He'll probably go to Man Utd but find himself in a similar situation, only on better money. The best move for him, in terms of being a guaranteed starter, would be Liverpool, if he's prepared to take a step down.
No thanks. I'd keep. His ceiling is very high.

Is any of that anything we didn't already know?
"In our first season in charge, we took the step not to have the team spend the night at a hotel all together before the League Cup final against Jose Mourinho's Chelsea because we felt doing so wouldn't help them. It was best that people just came to play the game. The day after we lost that match, one of our own players sang the Jose Mourinho chant to Jesus's face. That is what we had to contend with."

I suppose we didn't know that anecdote, although we may have suspected the some professional footballers are utter fucking cunts.

I reckon Adebayor in this case. The story has "Arsen*l Man" written all over it in huge letters

I think the time to question Pochettino has now past.

Just because things aren't normally done doesn't mean that they shouldn't.

So if for example you tap up our players, we appear to have no issue of calling you out. Or if you let your head get turned, it may come out.

Fuck all the soft peddlers, if they don't like it get a new team. This is the future. In 10 years we'll be saying it was exactly this type of attitude that set us on our decade of dominance, the next coming of Ferguson etc.

Ok, I'm double checking starting 11 + substitute histories. Will report back.
edit: You're right. He made a series of substitute appearances. Never mind.
Two weeks after the Cup Final, Ade palyed for us against United. I can't see that happening if he had been the one singing Mourinho's chant. Capoue and Kaboul never played for us again after the Cup Final. It almost certainly was one of them. My money is on Kaboul given the implication that it was a senior player.

Back
Top Bottom