AWAY TO EVERTON

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Defensively they are terrible. that Mori is terrible and whilst Stones is excellent on the ball, he's still not that great of a defender. Coleman and Baines strengths are in attack and I think it's the young kid Galloway who plays left back for them now and he was terrible against Stoke too. Oh, and Tim Howard is nothing short of abysmal now. I don't know why they persist with Gareth Barry... it's almost 2016 ffs

If we can remain resolute and defend like we have in most games this year, we should be able to see this game out. Son deserves a start and if Dembele isn't fit I wouldn't mind seeing Mason given a chance. Carroll has been ok recently but he's nothing special.. compare with what Bentaleb and Mason did when they broke into the team, there's a difference in quality about them. Don't think we'll go 3-4-2-1 again so I'd like to see Walker and Davies return too

Stones has definite potential but has a lot to learn, typified by that ridiculous challenge which led to the penalty!
Led with the wrong foot FFS!

:pochwtf:

The Dane The Dane Love the no nonsense title thread for this classic fixture

OLDSKOOL_large.jpg

they are in desperate need of a win to stop them sliding down the table, its weird as they have been really awesome going forward, Barkley is playing really well as are Lukaku, Delofeu and Stones but they are still struggling.

they are in desperate need of a win to stop them sliding down the table, its weird as they have been really awesome going forward, Barkley is playing really well as are Lukaku, Delofeu and Stones but they are still struggling.
As long as Mirallas is on the bench - we have half a chance

Basically they've won and lost their last two games in the last minute (and we've just won ours in the last minute!)
expect both teams to take heed from that (ie; it can happen for or against you) and shut up shop for the final 10mins... whatever the score is on 80mins, will be the final score IMHO!!

Have to agree with that. I've not been calling for Son to start games but this does feel like it would be a good time to start him. Expect an energetic game and would like to see Lamela - Eriksen - Son personally. Especially since Dembele is probably out and Alli may feature in centre mid.
I have not calling for Son too often as well bc one I dont know about the progress of his injury and 2 I trust Poch in his calls which is just a pleasure to watch how he is facilitating this season Kane, Aliie, Lamela, Dier and on, sorry thats about who I notice bc I have not been able to follow too closely, and 3 I know Son and his class if used great he ll score if not fine as well. Especially happy to see Kane goals coming thru bc some people here were incredibly harsh earlier when he was not scoring but he just came off the 20 plus season and was not shy if giving his usall 100 petcent. The goals jut were not coming. Also impressd to See how Poch has worked w his own countryman Lamela correct me if I am wrong there but who was also a chunk of investment club made a fews years ago that was going down to drain. Well enogh ranting but I like what I see and would like Spurs to win and become champs this season. Why not? Seems most of thw work have been already put just need to sustain and fnish

We should be all over that one

Good player but not sure if he'd fit in with our ethos, seems a bit selfish.

On the game, Martinez has this reputation for playing good stuff but his Wigan team was atrocious at the back most of the time and this Everton team is going the same way. We will create chances like we did at home against them, hopefully we'll stick a couple away this time.

Considering Carroll was rewarded for scoring a goal with a random start it wouldn't surprise me if we started Son for this one. Davies back in unsure over Walker/Trippier to be honest but I'd probably opt for the former.
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Son, Lamela, Alli, Kane][/formation]
Bench: Vorm, Wimmer, Rose, Mason, Bentaleb, Chadli, Eriksen

Scientists have proven that Dogs in bin Dipperland bark at a higher pitch that any other dogs in the uk.... It's because of their owners fucking silly voices.

A Toda brace

Back
Top Bottom