Away to Elton John's men, London Derby - 28/12/15 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nyom and Holebas out are the only changes in the Watford line up, both fullbacks also being rested for Watford. Nyom has been a highlight for them this season so will be interesting. I'd say they still have their key players in the line up just as we do so should be a good game.

I think Walker for us will be a loss though, Trippier is no where near as quick or as useful in attack but he does have a great cross, which we haven't had the privilege of seeing as of yet. Here's hoping that changes.
This is a shame, Holebas is a dreadful defender. We would have got a lot of change out of him.

Also just read on twitter that the cut off for yellows and bans ends on 31/12/2015 and Walker is currently on 4 yellow cards so makes sense as to why Trippier is in.

Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling something is going on behind the scenes?

Carroll keeps getting the nod ahead of him and now he doesn't make the bench.

Maybe it's just all in my head - he has just come back from a lengthily lay off through injury, after all...

Length of injury plus awful form before injury. Bentaleb was showing typical signs of someone who feels he is better and bigger than he actually he is. I have a feeling Pochettino doesn't respond well to players like that. I hope I'm wrong of course because Bentaleb showed last season he could potentially be a pretty good footballer but he's a far way off it.

Trippier has been dreadful so far this year, hope that doesn't continue today. Interested to see how Dier, Dembele, Carroll and Alli all fit into the same team, none of them are really wide players so a little surprised not to see Son ahead of one of them.

Also just read on twitter that the cut off for yellows and bans ends on 31/12/2015 and Walker is currently on 4 yellow cards so makes sense as to why Trippier is in.
drop walker for 1 game incase he gets a ban to.....
miss 1 game.
makes perfect sense!

glad we dropped him for a game so he doesnt end up missing a game.

The three behind Kane look a bit lopsided to me.
Unless Denbele is more advanced and Carroll is deep next to dier. That didn't work vs Newcastle though so would be worried if that was the case.

Thought son would start but when you look at it, poch probably sees him more as a striker replacement for Kane in this one so make sense not to start him?

Trippier has been dreadful so far this year, hope that doesn't continue today. Interested to see how Dier, Dembele, Carroll and Alli all fit into the same team, none of them are really wide players so a little surprised not to see Son ahead of one of them.
Alli looked really good against Southampton when he went out wide and even scored his goal from that very position. He even spent quite a while out on the left against Norwich on Saturday too. We've also seen Dembele have great games out wide too, he started the season there after all. Wouldn't surprise that at our most fluid today we end up seeing this in attack:

Kane
Alli - Dembele - Lamela
Carroll - Dier
With a variety and the likes of Carroll pushing on with Dembele dropping deep and Lamela, Alli and Kane switching all over the place.

Eriksen as an impact sub around 60th min could prove more effective. I'm still uncertain Carroll can dominate games in the PL
big difference coming on at home when u are 2-0 up.
compared to starting away at watford.
he was bullied against newcastle

Quite surprised to see Carroll in the starting XI but he must've done something right to get ahead of Mason, Bentaleb etc. Must work hard and the few games he played in lately he started to show a confidence and audacity that was lacking before, seems to cope a bit better with the physicality of pro football too. Still think he needs to do some serious bulking if he wants to succeed as a top level player. He must be the tiniest midfielder in the league

Surely he's better than Mason? Say we want to sub off Dembele or Dier, I'd rather replace them with Bentaleb than Mason.
I wouldn't say he's better than Mason and from what I've seen from either player this season, which due to injuries hasn't been alot, Mason is a much better option.

Back
Top Bottom