AVB scouting report back from 2005

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hadn't seen this before and it's a couple of years old but an excellent read as i've personally never gone through an actual scouting report before but this one is of AVB doing one for the chavs for a game against Newcastle in 05, love how detailed it is and really gives you a glimpse in to how the footballing side of his brain works. It's in PDF format and well worth the read, lots of images aswell to further illustrate his breakdown of the opposition.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01927/art18-1_1927022a.pdf

Fuck me that's detailed.

I hope he gives the players a slimmed down version!
I doubt he would actually give the players one of the scouting reports. More chance that the coaching team would sit down and discuss how they could design a training schedule for the week prior to the match in order to deal with specific threats, and expose weaknesses etc.

546126944_1377167897.jpg

I'm joking... I actually skimmed through to find ANY mention of; "JUS' RUN ARAAAND A BIT!"
There wasn't any such mention...

I've seen it before but it's a great reason to trust in him. I think he is keen to undersell himself on the technical side and say he's a motivator when it's clear that he does both.

That he talks about four phases of play tells you the level of detail he can read the game at.

Back
Top Bottom