AVB On Szczesny

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
The Woolwich keeper claimed that Spurs lack the quality to finish in the top four ahead of their crunch clash against Chelsea on Wednesday, to which the Portuguese takes exception

By Greg Stobart

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has hit back at Wojciech Szczesny after the Woolwich goalkeeper claimed that Spurs "do not have enough quality" to achieve Champions League qualification.

The Portuguese's side are locked in a battle for a top-four finish with the Gunners and Chelsea and were taunted by the Poland international ahead of their trip to Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night.

Villas-Boas feels that the Poland international's comments were insincere as the end-of-season tension between the north London rivals heats up.

"An Woolwich player who has only been at the club for a couple of years is not entitled to so much hatred for Tottenham like he seems to have," the Spurs head coach told the media.

"I think it would be a little bit more tolerable if it came from a genuine Woolwich fan.

"Coming from an Woolwich player who is only passing through to another club and isn't going to stay there for life, he doesn't mean those words from the heart.

"We don't expect any love from an Woolwich player to a Tottenham. A little lack of respect is normal in a rivalry."

Tottenham sit fifth in the Premier League table, three points behind Chelsea and two back from Woolwich, although they have played one game fewer than Arsene Wenger's side.

Villas-Boas returns to Stamford Bridge on Wednesday for the first time since he was sacked by Blues owner Roman Abramovich in March 2012 but the Portuguese insists that his focus is purely on beating his former side.

He added: "At the moment, our drive is to set out to win the game so we can depend on ourselves to win the remaining fixtures. We have a great task ahead of us.

"Going back to Chelsea is not very special; it's a club that I've gone past. I have good and bad memories, like everybody else, but it was a period that didn't finish the way I'd have liked.

"The pressure is on everybody. Three clubs separated by three points at this stage is absolutely outstanding and all of us feel the pressure in some way.

"We set out with the objective of Champions League football for next season. We're not far from our objective. We're happy that we depend on us but we have to be extremely good at Stamford Bridge to achieve it.

"The objective from the club is to reach the level of success in trophies that Chelsea have achieved, within Tottenham's philosophy and club culture. From my perspective, this club have taken tremendous steps forward recently and want to be in the mix of teams that compete for titles."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...villas-boas-hits-back-at-intolerable-szczesny

Chesney merely bleated what he assumes his own fans wanted to hear; that 'Spuds are nobodies, and won't win another thing ever 'cos they're stoopid smelly bum skids wiv no skill'

AVB merely told it how it is... that their 2nd choice 'keeper will be off soon, and doesn't represent someone who has invested his life, his money and support into the club he loves. I assume he kisses the badge every time he makes a save, and will continue going to games long after the club have dispensed with his services... nah, thought not!

I've said it before, one thing worse than a bad loser, is a bad winner.... and fortunately, ArseAnal AND Chelsea's players AND fans have proved themselves to be both!

The only problem with what AVB said is that Szczzczesney hasn't been there for only a couple of years, he's been at the scum since 2006 :avbshock:

But you forget... in the grand scheme of things, 7 IS only a couple of years... 15-20 is a LOT!

In the modern age of football, 7 years is seen as a lifetime... it really isn't!
I still own pants that pre-date when that cunt gloated his way into that shitheap of a club!

AVB is right... everyone else is wrong!

Chesney merely bleated what he assumes his own fans wanted to hear; that 'Spuds are nobodies, and won't win another thing ever 'cos they're stoopid smelly bum skids wiv no skill'

AVB merely told it how it is... that their 2nd choice 'keeper will be off soon, and doesn't represent someone who has invested his life, his money and support into the club he loves. I assume he kisses the badge every time he makes a save, and will continue going to games long after the club have dispensed with his services... nah, thought not!

I've said it before, one thing worse than a bad loser, is a bad winner.... and fortunately, ArseAnal AND Chelsea's players AND fans have proved themselves to be both!

the response of every single Woolwich fan i've talked to and went to school with who support Woolwich 'because of henry' and they watched them in 2004 and thought 'oh that looks cool' and decided to supportn them.

Up yours Chesney!

9788668andre-villas-boas-two-fingers-cropped.jpg

Not sure what all the fuss is about to be perfectly honest.

Szczesny is only saying what we (as Spurs supporters) have been saying all season, and for the previous 40-odd seasons, that we don't have enough quality in our side to mount a serious CL run, or tilt at the title.

Or is it that we just want to slag the slag for saying it publicly?

No issues with that, as he does seem to be something of a stellar knob.

Not sure what all the fuss is about to be perfectly honest.

Szczesny is only saying what we (as Spurs supporters) have been saying all season, and for the previous 40-odd seasons, that we don't have enough quality in our side to mount a serious CL run, or tilt at the title.

Or is it that we just want to slag the slag for saying it publicly?

No issues with that, as he does seem to be something of a stellar knob.

I've not been saying it at all. Yes, we need to improve, but as a squad we are easily on par with that lot and I would argue in Bale, Lloris and Verts (plus poor old Sandro) we have better class players.

EDIT: Sorry Kaboul, forgot you as well!

I've not been saying it at all. Yes, we need to improve, but as a squad we are easily on par with that lot and I would argue in Bale, Lloris and Verts (plus poor old Sandro) we have better class players.
ah, but you are moving the goalposts and making it a direct comparison with the goons.

Which is not what I said - and I thought, not what he said either. Maybe I just saw an abridged version of a fuller transcript.

If so, my apologies.

Back
Top Bottom