AVB on home support

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB after today's game:

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas: "We looked like the away team, we played in a difficult atmosphere with almost no support. We have a wonderful set of fans but they can do better. Away from home we play with no fear and we need that atmosphere at White Hart Lane.

"We don't need the negativity that was in White Hart Lane today."

Cue 1882 at the next two home games. Let's do our bit!

He's right though, the home support has been shocking recently when things don't go our way.

But one of the most vocal, and rousing chants has been taken away from us...!!!

90 minutes of vocal support, regardless of the score (or how the game is going) on Wednesday it is then!!

If You Know Who had said that it would have been cited as yet another example of how aloof and disconnected he was from the fan base. Double standards to suggest anything else when AVB says it.

This is the best thing AVB has said post match! It will only ramp up the AVB out cunts though, I can hear them now, "score more goals and we will sing", "play better football and we will sign". I say fuck off and sing, you might actually enjoy it more.

AVB coming out with this could be the best opportunity for us to have a proper discussion about what atmosphere we want to create at the Lane, as fans.

Maybe we've brushed it under the carpet for too long, stuff like the 1882 is a good start, but that doesn't help the rest of the stadium where people are more eager to be vocal about a misplaced pass than a perfectly positioned one.

I agree with what he said and am glad he said it actually. I just got back from the game and it was one of the worst atmospheres I have ever been in. However, I worry about the backlash from cynical fans. Luckily it is 1882 next. We need to show the team we can 'support' them.
The guy in front of me today was intolerable; calling all our players every expletive under the sun. Luckily the guy next him told him to shut up. The atmosphere was pretty toxic though :(

That's fucking disgraceful, I don't care who the manager is they have no right to slag off the fans who make the club what it is. Here's an idea Andre how about you play more of our attacking players (like the 30m record buy) so the fans are entertained and provide a better atmosphere because at the end of the day we did just play Hull a team we should have coasted past but instead we needed another lucky penalty to scrape it.

Tough one. I think fans should have the right to voice their opinion, unless you are Borussia Dortmund, most fans tend to get edgy/restless when it's 0-0 for so long. But it's counter productive to NOT gte behind the team, I think you should boo the result to be honest, get behind the team for 90 minuts and voice your opinion at the end.

Agree with others who mentioned if Arry said there would be an outrage.

That's fucking disgraceful, I don't care who the manager is they have no right to slag off the fans who make the club what it is. Here's an idea Andre how about you play more of our attacking players (like the 30m record buy) so the fans are entertained and provide a better atmosphere because at the end of the day we did just play Hull a team we should have coasted past but instead we needed another lucky penalty to scrape it.
You only sing when you're winning, sing when you're winning.............

What's wrong with saying that the club doesn't need negativity? He's completely right. Even if the supporters aren't singing, they shouldn't be getting on the player's back for a misplaced pass or overly groaning a loose shot. Back the team.

Back
Top Bottom