AVB - Manager of the Month - December 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice touch from him getting all his backroom staff into the presentation pic........win together and lose together.

703860_10151261880528505_15534550_o.jpg

AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army! AVB's blue and white army!

Really - do you seriously think that his response wasn't a derogatory one?

I saw it as exactly that - because there was no need to reply in that manner, if he wanted a debate or to discuss. It was a needless and insulting put down, which is why he got the reply he did.

He made no attempt to explain or apologise, and to be honest - it was yet another condescing or derogatory response, after others from the same poster. I'm not in the business of issuing amnesties after every incident. If people want to be pleasant to me - thats exactly what they get back, he could have argued with my post, or asked me to explain - and then systematically unravelled and destroyed my POV, if his argument held water - and I would have accepted it.

Same goes for everyone, you are not getting any grief, bad manners or insults, because you are treating it as a discussion. I understand the point you are making, and to a greater or lesser degree I have no argument - but I remain unrepentant with certain posters, because when I am given no quarter or am given undeserved crap, then I believe I am at liberty to return fire.

Of course it wasn't derogatory. Clearly you have an incredibly thin skin Mr Harmer. Now much as we would all like to live in the halcyon days of ancient Greece where everyone sat around and made reasoned arguments at each other. We don't. We are living in the modern age, people make points with humour, with satire, and yes with sarcasm. If you can't deal with that, then there is no need to deride and abuse them. Just dust yourself off, and make your salient points, those willing to take up the debate will. If you don't want to join in with peoples humour then don't.

I for one enjoy the humorous and irreverent nature of the debates here. I even enjoy some of the arguments, I don't see any malice in it. I won't say I love everyone here or get on with everyone, but that's part of the nature and character of debate and banter.

Back
Top Bottom