At minimum, what do you expect from Tottenham's manager next year?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At minimum, what do you expect from Tottenham's manager next year?

• Total voters
I said top 4 because I think that should always be the expectation. That doesn't mean that they should be immediately sacked if they don't get it but the standards should not drop just because Jose and his apologists have tried to tell us our club is crap and supporters expectations are too high.

The reality is what I would like to see is a return to better football and signs that there is a plan beyond the next 6 months. If I saw progression or players brought in that fit in with a plan that has potential to get us results in the future I would likely be willing to take a few down months or even seasons, especially after seeing our current state where there is shit football, no plan and no signs for a future at all.

A lot of the planning stuff might be above a manager so bringing in a DOF to implement would be ideal for me, but Levy seems to have soured on that because it doesn't allow enough control and means he isn't making football decisions that he has no business making.

A style that has me

Looking forward to games
Has me desperate to get back in the stadium
A manager who if he does not already know , learns and understands the clubs history and DNA
A manager who does not embarrass the club and its fans when he speaks
A manager who whether he earns 10 pounds a week or 10 million a year the figure is irrelevant because he has reignited the fans joy at watching Spurs, made us fall in love with the club again

New owners would be nice also, I just think the above are reasonable and achievable , the new owners, far less so

A style that has me

Looking forward to games
Has me desperate to get back in the stadium
A manager who if he does not already know , learns and understands the clubs history and DNA
A manager who does not embarrass the club and its fans when he speaks
A manager who whether he earns 10 pounds a week or 10 million a year the figure is irrelevant because he has reignited the fans joy at watching Spurs, made us fall in love with the club again

New owners would be nice also, I just think the above are reasonable and achievable , the new owners, far less so
To clarify new owners is a very reasonable expectation after twenty odd years. It’s the achievable part that will be hard. He wants to much money for players we need to sell, his over valuation of the club along with uncle Joe will see them remain

The poor guy could be walking into a shit show but we still do have the makings of a good team with the right signings. I think champions league if we can hold on to Kane.

We’ll need more patience than Mourinho was afforded though from the fans, which is the hard part.

The poor guy could be walking into a shit show but we still do have the makings of a good team with the right signings. I think champions league if we can hold on to Kane.

We’ll need more patience than Mourinho was afforded though from the fans, which is the hard part.
Agree, it’s the fans fault he’s not been afforded time to successfully implement his low block, 8-2-0 with dual full backs - said no-one ever you maniac

I can not believe that anyone can honestly vote a Europa league place a success; if this poll was anything like representative and I pray it is not- fifty percent would vote this way and that kind of collective thinking and attitude can only rub off on the approach of the management and the team.
I can’t imagine supporters of Man City, Man United or Liverpool ever describing a Europa league place as a success.

As to Chelsea- he sacks managers that fail to bring him a champions league place- indeed he sacks them if they look as if they just might fail. Then there’s the Islington club. They sacked the one man that could guarantee them a champions league spot year after year- never less than fourth would he finish. Now if you are a supporter of Fulham or Aston Villa; if you follow Wolves, Crystal Palace or Brighton, then I can see the appeal of a Europa league place and so regard it as a triumph for them but not here...

here there is supposed to be ambition!

Agree, it’s the fans fault he’s not been afforded time to successfully implement his low block, 8-2-0 with dual full backs - said no-one ever you maniac

Well, that’s not what I am saying. I said the next manager will need patience. Mourinho has created his own problems, we know that, but the new guy has to have everyone’s backing from minute one. Mourinho never had that.

I won’t vote in this poll I state my position here instead.

Option 1. Premier league Champions

Option 2. European Champions qualification

Option 3. FA cup and League Cup double plus Europa league qualification

Anything less is failure!

Well, that’s not what I am saying. I said the next manager will need patience. Mourinho has created his own problems, we know that, but the new guy has to have everyone’s backing from minute one. Mourinho never had that.
Didn’t he? I don’t remember fans getting on his case when he first came? Perhaps a few nerds tapping out some angry comments on a forum, but there was no boo’ing from the crowd. He was backed

Doesn't matter which manager you bring in, you ain't winning shit with Sissoko, Dier and Sanchez.

As soon as just one of our starting 11 gets injured we are utterly fucked our lack of quality on the bench is apparent to all.

Until then we'll be stuck in a time loop chopping and changing managers while Sissoko racks up over 140 prem appearances.
Sissoko, Dier, Doherty and Rose are my 4 I want out in the summer. I would be happy if the rest stay under a new manager. Even Davies as a limited squad player and Aurier the headless chicken as a backup.

I still think Sanchez is young enough and can be improved, but I acknowledge he also has been consistently poor this season. But who hasn't? Reggie has looked terrible recently. Sonny has also gone quite off the boil.

In a shit team with shit tactics and a hasbeen coach, most of them look, unsurprisingly, shit!

I am actually coming to the view it probably won’t be too bad if we miss out on the EL. We have on paper at least a decent first 11 and we have to sell some deadwood. The problem with the EL which the likes of West Ham will get to experience next season is it kills you if you don’t have depth.

If we make a decent managerial appointment, sell the crap and buy a couple of players with less games depth won’t matter and we can make a real go of top 4 and the domestic cups.
I was thinking the same myself earlier

Fuck the Europa or whatever it might be called

Have a season off recharging and rethinking and hopefully bedding in new signings made during the summer after getting rid of the deadwood

Back
Top Bottom