Aston Villa vs. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks to the smoke genius 'Spurs fans throw smoke grenade' is now the top story on Sky News. Not SSN; national headline news.

Congrats on giving the media, police and the FA more power and ammunition to pressure our 'troublesome' fans that chant that word.

You gargantuan thunder cunt of the highest order.

:avbshock:

Good reaction from the players and AVB post last game. Bold selection, made changes. Good performances from Holtby and Sandro and Chiriches has a good game. We struggled at times pushing the ball around so need to get it moving quicker being a bit more spontaneous. I felt as soon as Lennon came on it gave Soldado another option to his game. It made my day when he scored, I do like him. Interesting performance all round?

Rewatched the first 45. After the first 25-30 minute Paulinho increasingly moves forward. It's as if AVB started with Paulinho and Sandro behind Holtby. Then moved Paulinho and Holtby together.

Of the 4 who came in from our last starting XI against the Essex EDL, all more than justified their selection. Andros aside, thought Sandro, Soldado and Holtby were our stand out performers. And whilst Vlad looked a little error prone - there are going to be few scenarios where we're stronger with Naughton in the team ahead of him!
Main criticism would be that we were a little too static in possession across the first hour.
Wasn't that long ago that a 2-0 win at villa park would've been cause for a party!

Rewatched the first 45. After the first 25-30 minute Paulinho increasingly moves forward. It's as if AVB started with Paulinho and Sandro behind Holtby. Then moved Paulinho and Holtby together.

I noticed that.
Have to say that it was the worst game I've seen Pauly play for us. That said I still see him and Sandro as our 1st choice midfield 2.

Yeah that was some excellent tactics from AVB. We looked so much better when Paulinho pushed forward and Sandro dropped even deeper.

That's the kind of tactic you can adapt with Sandro in the game. I also think you can do this with Capoue, he's like 90% Sandro.

I noticed that.
Have to say that it was the worst game I've seen Pauly play for us. That said I still see him and Sandro as our 1st choice midfield 2.

Still haven't seen enough of Capoue and Paulinho to make that choice imo. As of right now Dembele and Sandro should be first choice based soley on experience in the team. Paulinho played pretty badly today, but he has had some very good games. When the normal game of Paulinhos is established, we can tell who is better.

I hope after not getting a minute, Eriksen and Lamela are inspired to get in the team again and make a name for themselves, if you play well, you stay in the team and don't sulk or have their agents start talking in the press

Im not having a go, Im being critical of his game.

I remember people slating Defoe, because he "only scores goals", and people slating Ade because "he's a lazy gooner".....Im not slating Soldado.

I would simply like to see more from him. Yes, it was a great goal. No, he didnt do much else.

Just because he's a striker doesn't mean that all he has to do is strike. His link up play with Townsend in particular was excellent. If anything, Holtby's running for the ball was a little off today and Paulinho was initially nervous to get forwards too. I suspect that having Sandro back will make a big difference in terms of how freely the other midfielders can attack.

Yeah that was some excellent tactics from AVB. We looked so much better when Paulinho pushed forward and Sandro dropped even deeper.

That's the kind of tactic you can adapt with Sandro in the game. I also think you can do this with Capoue, he's like 90% Sandro.

Bit harsh, they're quite different players, outside of shared characteristics like strength and tackling ability.

Bit harsh, they're quite different players, outside of shared characteristics like strength and tackling ability.

I'd take 90% Sandro in my side every single day of the week. Was much more meant as a compliment than harsh.

Back
Top Bottom