Aston villa vs Spurs Sunday 21st March 19:30 Sky Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought they were awful when talking about Jose's comments too. Obviously hadn't done any research about Hugo's comments, etc. Basically just said it's Jose being Jose.

And Alex Scott does my pet peeve of pronouncing 'th' as 'f'. Kept talking about play in the attacking 'fird' of the pitch.

:kaneshh:
They just run with the common theme thats popular or whats the general idea in the media. No independent thought or opinion. Just sheep mentality punditry

The problem for Lineker is that it WAS a penalty. I've watched it again on YouTube, slowed right down. Harry tries to back heel the ball (fails) and immediately Cash slides right into his standing leg, from behind, up-ending him. Watch it from 1:48 on 25% speed, if you don't believe me.
All Harry is guilty of is jumping to minimise the impact (understandable, given his ankle problems) and over-playing the pain - but they all do that these days.

I hate to say this, but Mike Dean and VAR got it right.

Edit: ...If Sanchez had done the same to one of their players we could have had no complaints about a penalty.

Exactly. Also, it’s not as if Harry made their defender slide in. It’s only because H fucked up his step over that’s it’s being questioned. But it was a stupid and reckless challenge. Unscrupulous? Just a long word with jug ears trying to appear clever to his wank woke liberal followers.

Exactly. Also, it’s not as if Harry made their defender slide in. It’s only because H fucked up his step over that’s it’s being questioned. But it was a stupid and reckless challenge. Unscrupulous? Just a long word with jug ears trying to appear clever to his wank woke liberal followers.

I agree with everything you wrote apart from the last sentence. Don't bring politics into it, Lineker is simply a cunt when it comes to Spurs, has been since the Leicester 'miracle' season.

What do you say to that, you right wing fascist twat?

:pochsmirk:

Anyway, a win's a win but some on here have short memories. Within the past week and a bit we've lost to fucking Woolwich and were completely embarrassed by some average team from Zagreb. What's even worse about the last result is that it will be probably lead to the Gooners reaching the EL final. A win against a Grealish-less Villa changes very little as far as I'm concerned and I'd love it to have been Jose's last ever match in charge.

What has being”liberal” got to do with football?

I agree with everything you wrote apart from the last sentence. Don't bring politics into it, Lineker is simply a cunt when it comes to Spurs, has been since the Leicester 'miracle' season.

What do you say to that, you right wing fascist twat?

:pochsmirk:
What has being”liberal” got to do with football?
Bloody hell you’re a bit sensitive. It’s simply a comment as to why Lineker used such a long word... in a light hearted post... which is not criticising anyone who is woke or liberal... just him for being a twat. Honest to God...

Bloody hell you’re a bit sensitive. It’s simply a comment as to why Lineker used such a long word... in a light hearted post... which is not criticising anyone who is woke or liberal... just him for being a twat. Honest to God...

I can't believe you used the word liberal with a negative connotation. Fucking nazi.

:levyeyes:

Gary Lineker really is a massive cunt.

I am someone that says all players should do whatever they can for the advantage (and therefore disadvantage of their opponent = this includes diving, cheating and generally being a cunt of the highest order but it has to be executed with perfection and if not deserves to be public assassination).

But I see nothing other than a penalty here. Cash takes out Kane in the box, it's a foul and therefore a pen. I don't get why it's supposed to be "cute, clever". It's a blatant foul.

It looks like 6th will do for EL unless Southampton somehow manage to win the cup. That should be our absolute minimum target to avoid qualifying for the Europa Conference League booby prize, which could then go to Wet Spam, Woolwich or Liverpool.

You know you want to use the “c” word with him, Mrs P :levystare:

tenor.gif
LOL, actually, not really. I save that for only three people - RSol, my ex and my ex-brother-in-law. 🤭 😈

Back
Top Bottom