Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just read through that Villa thread. Hilarious how they all say how shit their team is playing but then blame the big bad top clubs and their paid referees. (even though it was a pen)

The announcers were hilarious. Talking up how tidy the back line for AV was and how fortunate Spurs were to get the result. Bahaaaaaa . Get off the sauce.

Did they not miss the two cupcakes in the first half that Defoe & Lamela hit right at the keeps ?

Spurs dominated that shit. End of story .

Holtby was a beast. MOTM

Would love to see the following vs CFC
Swap out Dembele for Sandro (defensively much stronger and moves so much faster in possession which is so helpful on the counter to accelerating things)
Swap Townsend for Lamela (the more complete RW)
Swap Siggy for Holtby (Stick him in that CAM spot for sure after today's run)
Move Eriksen over to the LW (has plenty of depth to his game and a must start)

Tough beat for Siggy but I really think Holtby is a must for me.

its officially pants day

65046_10151825109464404_730502439_n.jpg
Do you suppose Jermain nicked those smalls from Bale's locker last month?

I'm saying we should give it the same respect as we did against a lowly Norwegian team at home at a minimum. I'm seeing people sticking Fryers, Kane (on the wing!) and Friedel in line-ups here as if Lloris needs to rest.

If Lennon is not back from injury I'd like to see:

Lloris

Walker - Kaboul - Chiriches - Naughton
Sandro - Holtby
Lamela - Sigurdsson - Chadli
Defoe

assuming also Chadli, Defoe and Kaboul's injuries are finished.

Only Walker in that has had "too much game time"

Has Fryers even played left back for us yet in a competitive game? I'd have preferred he was tested in that position against Tromso at home, not Villa away.
Looks like Old Friedel and young Fryers done well tonight with that clean sheet, eh zin?

Great game all-round - dominant performance, yet again

On a similar note - wtf was Verts doing pulling that fella's shorts down (he looked like a tripod, btw)

Out-of-favour Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor (@E_Adebayor) credits his team-mates: “Great win tonight, going to bed, training in the morning. Have a good night guys. COYS!”

Nice to see

Without getting too carried away, given the opposition faced, sterner tests are only a few days away, that said we look like a side who have been playing together far longer than we have. There is a cohesion to our formation that I haven't seen at Spurs since '87 - and I was 9 years old then, as such unlikely to appreciate that facet of the game quite so much.

Our pressing game is better than I have ever seen.

Once we become more fluid in attack, more prolific, which we will, then the basis of a good team turns to a great one.

Matches like Villa, Cardiff and Norwich are great for building confidence - going into Saturday's match with 14 players all with reason to believe they should start, confidence should be high.

There was a great christian eriksen song doing the rounds at villa last night. A group of lads had come up with it. Probably the best song we have had for a player in a long time. check it out. Apologies for my bad filming but you get the idea. Lyrics in the description

Eriksen-sen-sen Tottenhams number 23,
Eriksen-sen-sen came to play for AVB,
To the left, to the right,
He's our midfield dynamite,
When he plays for lillywhites,
He makes Ozil look shite.

:lennonlol: love it

first time I heard that song was a couple of years ago for B*n Laden

Bin Laaaaa Den Den Den
He's an Woolwich hooligan
Bin La Den Den Den
He's an Woolwich hooligan

The announcers were hilarious. Talking up how tidy the back line for AV was and how fortunate Spurs were to get the result. Bahaaaaaa . Get off the sauce.

Did they not miss the two cupcakes in the first half that Defoe & Lamela hit right at the keeps ?

Spurs dominated that shit. End of story .

Holtby was a beast. MOTM

Would love to see the following vs CFC
Swap out Dembele for Sandro (defensively much stronger and moves so much faster in possession which is so helpful on the counter to accelerating things)
Swap Townsend for Lamela (the more complete RW)
Swap Siggy for Holtby (Stick him in that CAM spot for sure after today's run)
Move Eriksen over to the LW (has plenty of depth to his game and a must start)

Tough beat for Siggy but I really think Holtby is a must for me.
SITTERS - its fucking sitters!
:)

Back
Top Bottom