Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not just a bread roll. Just a bread roll is a bap, butt.

For something to be a butty, in this context, it needs something in the bap. So, depending on what's in the bap, defines how bad-ass the butty is.

:davieshmm:

Yeh..... My butt.

A bad ass butty indeed, Bud.

Oh no I was right .. and you remain wrong. Or at least I was right in what I was actually saying, not the spin on it. But don’t worry, I won’t hold it against you.
No you weren't. Your original contention was that Emery's tactics were better than Postecoglou's, and that it was the players that let him down. The reality is that he set them up to fail. His choice of tactics handed all of the impetus to us. He never attempted to compete, his strategy was stop us from playing and hope for the best.

Abandon the style of play that's won you games and put you in 4th, for a formation you've never played before.

That's not adapting to your opponent, it's abandoning your strengths and relying on the hope that you nick something.

Emery set the tone for the way Villa played, back foot and scared. They weren't comfortable in that first half at all, they were under pressure for virtually the entirety of it. So much so that they were absolutely knackered after just 45 minutes.

He fucked up royally. There seems to be this narrative that we struggle to break down deep block sides, when the reality is that we've been doing it successfully virtually all season. Emery bought the narrative and paid for it. We're averaging just over 2 goals a game, with very little stat padding to that average, and I believe Burnley is the only other game where we've hit 4 or more, so he should know we're likely to score at least a couple against a low block.

So he then decides to play his team in a new formation, intended to stop us, when teams who do this week in, week out can't?

That's a cock up mate, plain and simple.

No you weren't. Your original contention was that Emery's tactics were better than Postecoglou's, and that it was the players that let him down. The reality is that he set them up to fail. His choice of tactics handed all of the impetus to us. He never attempted to compete, his strategy was stop us from playing and hope for the best.

Abandon the style of play that's won you games and put you in 4th, for a formation you've never played before.

That's not adapting to your opponent, it's abandoning your strengths and relying on the hope that you nick something.

Emery set the tone for the way Villa played, back foot and scared. They weren't comfortable in that first half at all, they were under pressure for virtually the entirety of it. So much so that they were absolutely knackered after just 45 minutes.

He fucked up royally. There seems to be this narrative that we struggle to break down deep block sides, when the reality is that we've been doing it successfully virtually all season. Emery bought the narrative and paid for it. We're averaging just over 2 goals a game, with very little stat padding to that average, and I believe Burnley is the only other game where we've hit 4 or more, so he should know we're likely to score at least a couple against a low block.

So he then decides to play his team in a new formation, intended to stop us, when teams who do this week in, week out can't?

That's a cock up mate, plain and simple.

I’ve already countered like … all of these points. I’m not doing it again only for ‘tactical masterclass’ to be quoted out of context. Boring as fuck.

I liked the bit where you think Emery, a four time EL winner known mainly for his tactical nous, totally just fell for a sky sports narrative. As if that guy wouldn’t bother to do his own analysis, lmao.

Football really does turn grown men into children

Shady
Shady
Give me your answer do
I'm half crazy
All for the love of you

You don't want horny women Shady ...

Daniel is the love of your life

:levystare:

Promiscuous boy, wherever you are
I'm all alone and it's you that I want
Promiscuous boy, you already know
That I'm all yours, what you waiting for?
Promiscuous boy, you're teasing me
You know what I want, and I got what you need
Promiscuous boy, let's get to the point
'Cause we're on a roll, you ready?

They want Shady, I'm chopped liver
Well if you want Shady, this is what I'll give ya

Two trailer park girls go round the outside , round the outside, round the outside

View: https://x.com/nathanaclark/status/1767164705775214994?s=46&t=IomICbZIqZC4FsH907qgfw

I love the smell of pressing intensity in the morning.

robert duvall victory GIF

Back
Top Bottom