Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great win. We took advantages of the opportunities when they showed. I thought the penalty was questionable, so...... Unspursy.

Passing accuracy was not up to form today, lost a lot of cheap passes. Dembele seemed off today IMO. Son was solid, along with Toby and Wimmer.

All the talk from the pundits saying its a harsh penalty can fuck off. A lot of players this year have have realised that if you spread your harms in the air, making yourself bigger but turning your back to the ball makes the ref think "nah, he had his back to it. Couldn't have meant it" They are doing it on purpose. If Sterling had his arms in the exact same position facing the ball is would be a stone wall penalty. So why is it any different if you turn your back?
Not enough credit given to Rose when he took the shot on the chest. That was going in and he blocked it without his hands getting anywhere near the ball. If sterling had been half as brave and not turned his back then he would not have conceded a penalty. No sympathy for him and perhaps he will learn to be braver next time. That Rose save was as important as Lloris's in the last minute.

Still watching MOTD2 again, again and again. Still running around the house doing goal celebrations. Still acting like, each time we go 2-1 up, it's happening live. Still in my 30s... just!

:kaneear::pochohshit::gazza2::vdvshh::eriksenlol::king:

The eruption when he goes towards the crowd at the end makes me erupt. Best thing to happen to this glorious football club in decades.

Poch's embrace of Lamela a bit perfunctory no? Considering he just won us a game with an incredible fucking bit of individual skill...

First post. Love this team, love this site!

has anyone got a video of Danny Rose not putting the ball out then running down the line?
OrganicOrangeIraniangroundjay.gif

What a ride we are on right now. I've never felt so connected to a team I wasn't an actual member of before. It's so obvious that these guys are playing for each other.

Fuck, I love this team.

#spursy

What I don't understand about the Rose gif above is that from that moment it was Man City fans who were booing him? Why? - it was a SPURS player that was down and I'm sure if City had the ball they'd have played on. Rose didn't do anything wrong considering there is no rule stating you have to kick the ball out if a player is down. Weird bunch those City lot.

What I don't understand about the Rose gif above is that from that moment it was Man City fans who were booing him? Why? - it was a SPURS player that was down and I'm sure if City had the ball they'd have played on. Rose didn't do anything wrong considering there is no rule stating you have to kick the ball out if a player is down. Weird bunch those City lot.
City did have the ball before Rose, and they sure as fuck didn't kick it out.
Fuck them.

Great win. We took advantages of the opportunities when they showed. I thought the penalty was questionable, so...... Unspursy.

Passing accuracy was not up to form today, lost a lot of cheap passes. Dembele seemed off today IMO. Son was solid, along with Toby and Wimmer.
More I watch it, more I think it was not a penalty. But we have had so many shit decisions over the past few years I couldn't give a royal fuck about a decision given in our favour. And given by that cunt Twattenburg makes it so much sweeter. Toupee wearing shit that he is. When fuckers like him are giving us slightly dubious pens away from home...it is well worth retaining a belief that someone, somewhere, has passed the toffee crisp to THFC. And no mistaking our second. Beautiful pass, clinical finish. Toodle pip you oil doped fly by nights.

The NLD will likely decide this season. We will chase the 2 points down on Leicester. No doubt. Citeh have run out of gas I think. United won't make up 10 points with that fat anti football cunt at the helm.

Bring those Woolwich bastards on. Seriously. It's no bad thing to dream.

what a result-I was confident we would get one so I put a score on spurs win @ 27/10 and fiver on kane first goal and 2-1, did 3-1 as well but over 300quid up which is paying for my NLD weekend back over there in a few weeks! Fucking cannot wait to get them to our manor for the biggest derby in 25 years. Woolwich were shit today-our boys are so up for every game and this one will be absolute battle stations for each and every one of them.
I have so much love and faith in this team and manager I have literally never felt so good about whats happening at our club.
They are fucking brilliant and we have the best chance in 30 years of actually winning it.
The most encouraging thing for me today was Kane and Alli didn't play very well but we found a way against a far better city than leciester played.

Amazing stuff lads, nice little break from league pressures now on the back of this to regroup and calm themselves for the games ahead.

Of course it wasn't a penalty but the point is that the referee will not always make a correct decision.
Maybe we should follow the path of, rugby for example?...Do we, however, want to spend time reviewing every controversial issue though?
I would suggest not... our game is about speed...so stamp out the 'professional' fouls, play the advantage...and when players are performing dives
and multiple rolls ensure the 'little shit' don't get up next time!!!!

Back
Top Bottom