Apoel Nicosia v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Monaco have looked okay this season. Falcao has been scoring for fun.
Could be a case of Porto being very good.
Yeah I'm just feeling raw about coming so close to winning. Always tell myself never to bet on more than two games at once but the odds for pretty much every match were so low in favour of the favourite that I needed to chuck in one that was closer to call to stand any chance of getting anything significant back. Ah well, it's not like I put a lot on it anyway.

Funnily enough I thought that putting Spurs to win was going to be the one that was going to blow up in my face. Never usually bet on our games, makes watching it all the more stressful.

Well last night it was not just domestic makes you WC.
You have to perform in CL and Tournaments.
That makes Hoddle and Gazza not WC.

Yet Kane has played in as many CL campaigns as Shearer.
Played 11 less games and equalled his goal CL tally already
Scored 10 goals 20 less than Shearer in 3 x less games international, yet only 9 of Shearers 30 goals came in Tournaments, 3 of them. Kane has the ability to score 9 as he has another 3 tournaments in him.
But he's not WC yet, according to Henry.

Fucking jokers
I wonder if Henry and Carragher will tell Wright he's not WC.
Funny how World classand Coutinho go hand in hand despite Kane having more European goals and Intnl tournament experience and is younger

DKrg2nNX0AAAuxu.jpg

DKrg2luX0AAFaEn.jpg

Just so we don't get carried away, some concerns...

Tripper is a poor LWB
Sissoko and Aurier don't work together yet
Son was poor
N'Koudou isn't making the most of his chances
Hugo's kicking

Full credit to Pochettino for changing 1 & 2, we looked a whole lot better after that. 3 is just an off day you'd think. 5 we know about and is compensated for by saving our bacon on so many other occasions, tonight included.

No getting away from 4 tho.

Just so we don't get carried away, some concerns...

Tripper is a poor LWB
Sissoko and Aurier don't work together yet
Son was poor
N'Koudou isn't making the most of his chances
Hugo's kicking

Full credit to Pochettino for changing 1 & 2, we looked a whole lot better after that. 3 is just an off day you'd think. 5 we know about and is compensated for by saving our bacon on so many other occasions, tonight included.

No getting away from 4 tho.
These are all fair, but considering we had 7 potential starters out, I'm giving everyone a bit of a pass tonight. Poch made the adjustments and the team made do and came through.

But I agree about GKN, he's going to be lucky to make the bench when everyone is back and healthy.

Also, Davies didn't look great in a back three, which surprised me because he plays that position for Wales.

These are all fair, but considering we had 7 potential starters out, I'm giving everyone a bit of a pass tonight. Poch made the adjustments and the team made do and came through.

But I agree about GKN, he's going to be lucky to make the bench when everyone is back and healthy.

Also, Davies didn't look great in a back three, which surprised me because he plays that position for Wales.
Hell yeah, I wish we'd started with that 442 tho.

hindsight20.jpg

Back
Top Bottom