Apoel Nicosia v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BBC sport..
Its for us to win this not for them to lose?
  • Tottenham have faced Cypriot opposition more times than any other English club in European competition (Anorthosis Famagusta in the 2007-08 Uefa Cup first round, AEL Limassol in the 2014-15 Europa League play-offs). They've scored 12 goals and conceded only three in those four games (W3 D1).
  • Apoel have lost 10 of their past 12 Champions League games (W1 D1). They have also failed to score in 10 of their past 13 outings, remaining goalless in each of their most recent five games.
  • Apoel have never kept a clean sheet at home in the Champions League group stages (nine games).
  • No Cypriot side has beaten English opposition in European competition in 12 attempts (D2 L10).
  • Tottenham have never won their opening two games of a Champions League campaign.
Its got frustrating game and a 0-0 draw written all over it! Please no......:avbpray:

I am expecting a very tough game tonight, 7 first team players out, biggest misses are our creative elements in Dele and Eriksen, Apoel also didn't play this weekend in preparation for tonight.

I do think we take this lightly at our peril. A win in this game and we set ourselves up really well with the pressure on Dortmund (assuming they don't beat Madrid).

The games I hate are when we seem to think we can roll a team over just by turning up. Admittedly those days a few and far between now but we do sometimes struggle to break down teams that sit back and defend which I'm guessing we will be up against tonight. An early goal would be great to settle the nerves and make Apoel come at us.

COYS!

DKqS3s3XUAEvers.jpg

The Times, ladies and gentlemen.

Spurs fans should BOO the Euro anthem like Man.City did. They also were getting bad refereeing from UEFA and horrible groups, as Spurs are getting. Now look at City's group this season.
UEFA is a corrupt and devious organisation and we should show them our dislike openly and not suffer in silence.

I would go two up top- we might as well go all out as we need the 3 points

Lloris

Aurier Toby Sanchez Davies

Dier

Sissoko Winks Son

Llorente Kane

Lloris
Aurier - Toby - Sanchez - Foyth - Davies
Dier - Sissoko
Kane - Son
Llorente

Bench:
Vorm, Trippier, Walker-Peters, Winks, Oakley-Boothe, N'Koudou, Harrison

Guessing at Oakley-Boothe and Harrison by the fact they weren't the the squad for the Youth League game.

I am hoping and anticipating being pleasantly surprised by tonight. No Eriksen is a blow but I don't think we're incapable of winning a game without him.

If we don't win this and Dortmund beat RM I am going to bed in the foulest fucking mood ever, though.

Back
Top Bottom