Apoel Nicosia v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given the players we have out, I'd probably go:

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Sanchez Davies
Aurier Sissoko Dier Winks Son
Kane

Vorm Foyth KWP Boothe Georgiou GKN Llorente

Llorente on around 65 mins if we need a goal and are lacking creativity through the middle (as we probably will), get Serge & Tripps whipping the balls in.

I just see this game as one where we go completely against our natural grain and defend as tightly as we can.

We could arguably play Foyth in a 5 and go with Sissoko, Winks, Son and Dier in the midfield or possibly play Llorente and Kane if ww are being bold.

I just see discipline as key and trying to sneak a one goal victory as our primary aim.

oh-ill-just-see-myself-out_o_757760.gif

BBC sport..
Its for us to win this not for them to lose?
  • Tottenham have faced Cypriot opposition more times than any other English club in European competition (Anorthosis Famagusta in the 2007-08 Uefa Cup first round, AEL Limassol in the 2014-15 Europa League play-offs). They've scored 12 goals and conceded only three in those four games (W3 D1).
  • Apoel have lost 10 of their past 12 Champions League games (W1 D1). They have also failed to score in 10 of their past 13 outings, remaining goalless in each of their most recent five games.
  • Apoel have never kept a clean sheet at home in the Champions League group stages (nine games).
  • No Cypriot side has beaten English opposition in European competition in 12 attempts (D2 L10).
  • Tottenham have never won their opening two games of a Champions League campaign.

Back
Top Bottom