Apoel Nicosia v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They will move the goalposts if he does all that
It is pretty clear that Kane will never be labelled as "world class" by pundits as long as he is a Spurs player, no matter how many Champions League or international goals he gets. You could see Jenas really struggling with the question of whether or not he's world class in the build-up. And he is basically our biggest fan among the telly pundits.

Llorente for Trippier, Davies to lb, Son to left midfield in a 4-4-2. Too many players out of position. Trippier and Davies look like fish out of water. We're making harder work or this than we should be.

I think we are seeing how important Jan is to our defensive unit. Bit of a mess at the back tonight. Great ball from Toby though to make the goal, I've said several times that he is one of our best ball players and the benefit of the back 3 is that he or Jan can bring the ball forward and play a bit. We need to score a couple more to kill this cause if we sit back they will absolutely score as it stands.

I'd honestly get Llorente and N'Koudou on.

Kane - Llorente
N'Koudou - Winks - Dier - Sissoko
Davies - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Aurier
Lloris
Old school.

Been shaky as expected with this makeshift team but looks like the CL has finally decided to grant us some luck.

Son and Winks both infuriating on the counter there - need to be far more clinical in moments like that. These are not hard passes to make.

Would be happy to see Foyth on with Davies at LWB because I think we need him as a real outlet on that side. Too unbalanced atm.

Notice how silent Jon Champion was when Spurs scored?

Yeah, he fucking hates Spurs. He was commentating a few matches back when Eriksen chipped the ball back over his head and a defender, turned and ran onto his own pass. It was an outrageous piece of skill and Champion completely ignored it.

Cunt.

The most worrying Thing for me is our most creative Player on the pitch is a fucking CM ffs. We had the entire summer to add creativity in midfield.

To compete in Europe you Need creative highly technical midfielders not talentless donkeys like Son, Sissoko and Wanyama.

I think we are seeing how important Jan is to our defensive unit. Bit of a mess at the back tonight. Great ball from Toby though to make the goal, I've said several times that he is one of our best ball players and the benefit of the back 3 is that he or Jan can bring the ball forward and play a bit. We need to score a couple more to kill this cause if we sit back they will absolutely score as it stands.

They are there for the taking on the counter of our final pass is better. May have to sit off a bit and then win the ball and get it into kane/son or out wide

For a starting 11 we are doing ok, I wish Son would get involved more, but as we know he is capable of putting one in at any time.

Winks is playing well, our only creative outlet, need him on the ball more.

Great finish from Kane though!

Back
Top Bottom