Anzhi Makhachkala (Russia) - Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They payed until 2013 for Samuel Eto'o (Chelsea player in the present) like salary almost 20 millions EUR for a season!...but in this season they lost many top players,their owner decide to leave them free to go...
Lacina Traoré
(Ivory Coast,striker)
is their current key player of the team ,i know him because he played in my country for CFR Cluj team (Romania) some years ago in Champions League...and i know him very well,one of the most wanted players in this moment in Europe,probably he will leave the team in this winter pause...for a top club in western Europe,especially Juventus Torino wants him badly...like i heard until now (rumours)
here he scored vs. Liverpool,last season in Europa League

Last edited:
Expect an easy win...their sad decline has left very few star players and we should be able to get past this one with our youngsters. I actually kind of feel sorry for them in a way, Russia is a cracking place, and it s shame that the Anzhi fans are not able to support their team without most of their players and the fact they arent even playing in their own city.

Because he needs more game time ... games to gel in ... games to play a full 90 with Lamela ... goals to score ... a confidence booster.

I don't think playing on some raggy pitch in Moscow against inferior opposition will really do anything for him. He scored against Tiblisi remember. He's not doing badly right now, this whole reaction to him from a few Spurs fans is totally knee jerk.

I don't think playing on some raggy pitch in Moscow against inferior opposition will really do anything for him. He scored against Tiblisi remember. He's not doing badly right now, this whole reaction to him from a few Spurs fans is totally knee jerk.
I disagree, bud.
The point is getting more games ... with the right players.

We need to see him play with those who he is eventually meant to be playing with. Whether a weak opposition or a strong, it's about understanding your teammates. One may argue that there's training for that. But the true essence of bonding is found in actual competitive matches. You mention the Tiblisi game. I mean, he didn't even play with the core of our future squad (Lamela, Eriksen, Holtby).

Playing against against an inferior side will moreover give him a confidence booster if he can score goals. Also remember, during his time at Valencia one of his biggest criticism was that he can wane off for a couple of matches, but when he scores, he has a streak for a while. While i don't think he essentially has waned off, I do think that a goal or 2 could just hit the spot for him.

Plus, I am not one of those who is Knee-jerking. I know he needs time, and thus I fully back him. If you care, read my 'little piece' ... and you'll understand my view on Soldado.

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/roberto-soldado.6180/page-70#post-379905

BTW, I think @ vadimivich vadimivich will disagree regarding with that 'raggy pitch' part.

also an easy group stage to play for players like Chiriches,Lamela,Kaboul,Kane,Holtby,Chadli,Sandro to play and to be in fit and to keep their morale high...

Looks like it'll be about 2° in Moscow on Thursday. The only time I ever feel I live even close to a body of water is when I compare temperatures around here with Moscow's (our Thursday night temperature will be about 3°).

I get why European games aren't played in Dagestan (sp), but they don't have any more suitable grounds closer to their area than Moscow? I mean, good for us that we don't travel as far obviously. But its like us playing our European games somewhere in Eastern Europe ffs!

Back
Top Bottom