Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What money did he leave on the table?

Been here done that......

Doing it all again for the 100th time?

No thanks.

You aren't interested in the facts; much like your OG post.... So what would be the point? You subscribe to the easily disproven 'Levy is a thief' theory.

Alas it did........ (Poch also left money on the table!)

However, this has all been discussed 100s of times before.

Peeps just need to grow up and stop pretending it was 'stolen' by Levy.
I’ve never said that Levy ’stole’ the money. The only thing I’ll put on Levy is he’s happy to spend any amount on building projects apparently but not a team that the fans probably deserve for their loyalty and high ticket prices. But it’s all opinions I guess, so we wait and see what Danny boy has in store for us next season ….

Been here done that......

Doing it all again for the 100th time?

No thanks.
You brought it up, I don't know what you said on previous occasions to other people
You aren't interested in the facts; much like your OG post.... So what would be the point?
What facts are you talking about?
You subscribe to the easily disproven 'Levy is a thief' theory.
Do I? That's news to me, I've never said such a thing.

As much as I like conte he really should shit or get of the pot and sign a new contract, I keep hearing how lucky we are to have him but what other big clubs are out their for him, no openings in Spanish or german league, so what are his options, united passed him over, Klopp and pep have resigned, so that leaves Italy and he’s only got juve to go back to .
( side note is resigning and signing again the same word, am I missing a hyphen or something 😂)

It’s all conjecture but the expression “Conte must be backed” means compromise on both sides. He’ll need to be realistic with his targets (we’re not signing Haaland) and the club needs to accept that we’re at a crossroads and act accordingly.

Of course getting 4th and champions league is the game changer, it gives us a much broader target base in terms of signings

I'll repeat it again for the hundredth time, the stadium being open for a year and income producing is the game changer. Match day income will be double what we want at the old stadium.

(but getting champions league on top of that will help us bring in better players in theory)

Conte is just emotional. Just because he has childish meltdowns does not mean he plans to leave. He has improved the performances despite the team having a few horrible results where the whole team looked poor and uninterested. We have had results where the entire team looked like they were top class professional footballers and we have had some mixed performances too.

Those complaining constantly of the dross squad should understand that 80% of the clubs in the PL would want those players, including the ones that have beaten us like Brighton, Burnley and Southampton.

Conte has improved the general level of play and the results since arriving and he has definitely improved the mentality which I believe was/is the real problem. Yes we are still a work in progress and yes we need improving in key areas as many say, but assume Conte will walk if he doesn’t get 6, 7 , 9 or whatever new players is pure speculation.

What Conte has done this far takes balls because Players like N’Dombele were among the most talented in the squad yet do not have the mentality he needs and demands. Not to mention bloody expensive. What he has managed to do is set a clear objective in terms of both play and mentality and both have been generally stronger than before he came and is still improving. Yes, we struggle against the clubs that sit in, and yes we have still looked flat against those sides playing that style. I also would be the first to agree that he seems to be too rigid and inflexible when these games cause is problems.

What we need to understand he will have his reasons for sticking to his style and he will need more time, improvement in key areas and financial backing. Will we challenge for a title? Who the fuck knows but let’s wait and see how this season ends, how the summer transfer window goes and stop speculating on whether he wants to be here because when I watch him on the sideline when we score there is no doubt.

Let’s get behind him now for the run in and if he stays then stay behind him. If he fucks off then we replace him. Simple. No player is bigger than the Club and no Manager is either.

Stop whinging on every misinterpreted word twisted up by the media and it will be easy to do.

Good find. Always happy to read anything that isn't from the biased English press.

Ravenelli blimey!The white feather is a blast from the past. He was of that classic Italian era that looked about 40 through their entire playing career like Baresi.

Even Bergomi looked about 55 in 1982 and he was still a teenager.

Italia%20-%20Germania%20Ovest%203-1%2C%20Bergomi%20E%20Rummenigge.jpg

Back
Top Bottom