Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

what's interesting about Conte is the fact that he won shit loads as a player. It often get talked about, not having enough winners in the team to impart wisdom but when the bloke at the top has done it, the players can't help but take something from him. Quite different to just winning things as a coach. He knows how it feels to be on that pitch, to be fighting for every ball, when you're on your last legs holding on.
Indeed.

We haven't had a top level ex player as a manager since Poch and I've missed it.
Jose was a student/coach and it showed with his attitude to the sports scientists/physios. Nuno was a goalie which is completely different to any outfield position.

Finally a relatable manager for the players again.

It also helps that he wasn't the best midfielder at Juventus (in his own words he was the worst). He was obviously good. But he had to work harder than other players. He appeals both to the natural talents and the hard workers.
That's definitely the best combo imo. Technically sound but not sublime + hardworking.
Many magicians struggle (like Hoddle) as they expect shit players to have their tekkers. Zidane a noticeable exception.

Those Rondos are on another level...

I like the new emphasis on one touch passing, seen also in the games since Conte took iver. Spurs have lacked that fir years and it’s an obvious area to improve, all other trans move the ball around faster than we do. I still think we lack players with the ideal technical ability to do it well but that can hopefully be remedied in the transfer windows. Don't even need very expensive players just ones which have been trained properly from youth.

Conte - "To score is never easy. Never."

You really should keep that in mind when you're spouting your usual drivel about all of Harry's goals, NDomBadBoy, you pipe.

No point getting himself stressed (Conte) if he's already showing lack of focus (no doubt), or worse buy in.

Personally see more merit trying to get LoCelso to get his Argie Mind on at Spurs, think we can shape around that better than the maverick one (but hope I'm wrong as he does possess an exquisite skill set we need like, a lot!).

Like the style of putting the teams well being behind the criticism, tough one to deny if he's crapping up practise patterns with lack of focus and attention or effort.

Back
Top Bottom