Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ffs let it go

When people actually realise it was Poch and Jose who turned those players down...

What? There's not a chance in hell Mourinho turned down signing Ruben Dias. The only defender he got instead was Joe Rodon. We were in for Dias but couldn't get the price right, then City came in and paid the full amount.

And if some of the reports at the time were true, we were VERY close to signing Fernandes, so I highly doubt Poch was the one who pulled the plug on that one either. But yeah we do need to let it go, move on and hope we learn from these mistakes.

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

These things have a domino effect, if we got Dias and Fernandes, the chances are Conte wouldn't even be here anyway :D

Dias is class, still not convinced on Fernandes, his goal record is good but the rest of his game is very meh, like Dele Alli was at his peak.

There's definitely some similarities but Fernandes is much of a threat from outside the box, and a better passer than Dele ever was too. He's highly frustrating because he tries to do too much at times, very high risk, high reward player.

Either way, a huge upgrade on GLC, who we got for that 10 position instead.

Players looked absolutely gassed in the 2nd half.
Fucking unacceptable, hopefully Conte gets them in shape. Quickly.

Which is a ridiculous fucking concept considering the wages they're earning.
For that money, even my fat ass would be tip top...
I don't think you can underestimate just how much fitness they lost under Mourinho.

Players complained under Poch, but the team was fit for a reason. Players complain under Conte, but his teams are fit for a reason and he has the silverware to back it up.

There's definitely some similarities but Fernandes is much of a threat from outside the box, and a better passer than Dele ever was too. He's highly frustrating because he tries to do too much at times, very high risk, high reward player.

Either way, a huge upgrade on GLC, who we got for that 10 position instead.

Yeh Lo Celso has been disappointing. Ability wise though I rate Ndombele as a lot better than both of them, if only the fatty could sort out his fitness.

Yeh Lo Celso has been disappointing. Ability wise though I rate Ndombele as a lot better than both of them, if only the fatty could sort out his fitness.

Ndombele has more talent, but Fernandes actually reminds me a lot of Lampard, he has limitations but is extremely dedicated to his craft and by any means necessary will contribute. Not as good as Lampard was of course, but in the same vein.

If Ndombele had that dedication he'd be incredible, but alas...

Ndombele has more talent, but Fernandes actually reminds me a lot of Lampard, he has limitations but is extremely dedicated to his craft and by any means necessary will contribute. Not as good as Lampard was of course, but in the same vein.

If Ndombele had that dedication he'd be incredible, but alas...

I think Fernandes fits into the Dele, Siggy, Dempsey mould, probably better but the guy who break from midfield to score or assist. My issue with him like the others I just mentioned is his general midfield play is poor, it’s like being a man down sometimes how he plays. If you play Fernandes you need the other midfielders to be dominate in control.

I think Fernandes fits into the Dele, Siggy, Dempsey mould, probably better but the guy who break from midfield to score or assist. My issue with him like the others I just mentioned is his general midfield play is poor, it’s like being a man down sometimes how he plays. If you play Fernandes you need the other midfielders to be dominate in control.
Fernandes is a far better passer and chance creator than Dele, but he is lazy as hell. Just watch how he played today against City, he's useless in defense.

He's a classic 10, which works for some teams, but it would never fly under Conte.

Fernandes is a far better passer and chance creator than Dele, but he is lazy as hell. Just watch how he played today against City, he's useless in defense.

He's a classic 10, which works for some teams, but it would never fly under Conte.

Lazy is harsh, from what I've seen of him he's prepared to do hard running, but just isn't good at contributing outside of the attacking phase. He'll give his all but at the end of the day his skillset is just purely suited to being in and around the box.

Dias is class, still not convinced on Fernandes, his goal record is good but the rest of his game is very meh, like Dele Alli was at his peak.
No. I’m a fan of Dele but Bruno is a quality player…. Not
KDB levels but he demands the ball and tries things, more to him than pens and goals

....Whinging about us not getting a 65m CB is more than a bit lame too.
Dias is good because Pep makes him good. He's not VVD, who is ridiculous. He's a very good CB with flaws that are covered by the system and other players.

Dias is the type of player that would struggle at Spurs under Mourinho because the system was garbage and people would be calling him a fraud.

Lazy is harsh, from what I've seen of him he's prepared to do hard running, but just isn't good at contributing outside of the attacking phase. He'll give his all but at the end of the day his skillset is just purely suited to being in and around the box.
Maybe it's the lack of structure under Ole, but he doesn't seem to have any responsibility on the press or in defense. Combine that with Ronaldo who won't do any of the dirty work and you have a sieve of a front 3/4. He was abhorrent on City's first goal today. Cancelo had ages because Fernandes didn't close him down properly.

Maybe he'd fit in a 3-4-2-1 under Conte, but I have a hard time seeing it.

Maybe it's the lack of structure under Ole, but he doesn't seem to have any responsibility on the press or in defense. Combine that with Ronaldo who won't do any of the dirty work and you have a sieve of a front 3/4. He was abhorrent on City's first goal today. Cancelo had ages because Fernandes didn't close him down properly.

Maybe he'd fit in a 3-4-2-1 under Conte, but I have a hard time seeing it.

I think it's this, to be honest. I know for Sporting he was well known for running his ass off, and he does it for Portugal too. He definitely did it a lot when he joined United too .. but that team as a unit look chaotic nowadays.

Not an ideal Conte player by any means, but if he was available to this squad I think he's a good enough manager to fit him in. But hey, we didn't get him .. it happens to every single club so isn't worth crying over, unless we don't learn from it.

(Grealish was a bigger miss!!)

Back
Top Bottom