Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

artworks-000541072476-w54l9t-t500x500.jpg

Don't do it to yourself guys, you have more chance of winning the Euro millions than Conte taking over this shit show and even if Conte was interested he would want big money in wages and even bigger money invested into the squad, neither of which Levy will grant.

our situation is tragic enough without clutching at false hope.

These kind of stories should stay reserved for when ENIC want to sell a few season tickets.

Let's get back to reality

''Spurs are considering a move for Conte once again. He is Fabio Paratici’s choice and Daniel Levy is now looking for compromises to make the move happen.''

:levywtf:
It's a poor translation, assuming that the Italian word has a similar meaning to the Spanish word compromiso. It doesn't mean "compromise" at all, but rather "commitment, promise".

It's what we in the trade call a "false friend", a foreign word that looks like an English one but which has a different meaning.

There's often much mirth to be had. The Spanish word for having a head cold, a blocked nose, is constipado. I proudly joined an army of countless thousands when I answered the question ¿Estás constipado? with words to the effect of "No, I'm pretty regular thanks, twice a day, like normal".

Or the Spaniard who can't understand why he's been given a laxative in the chemist's when what they were after was a Vicks Sinex spray.

Don't do it to yourself guys, you have more chance of winning the Euro millions than Conte taking over this shit show and even if Conte was interested he would want big money in wages and even bigger money invested into the squad, neither of which Levy will grant.

our situation is tragic enough without clutching at false hope.

These kind of stories should stay reserved for when ENIC want to sell a few season tickets.

Let's get back to reality
Apparently a big stumbling block during the previous negotiations was over Conte wanting a full backroom staff, 5 or 6 of his team to come with him. Levy said no and said he could have max 3. :levystare:what a dick

A big stumbling block during the previous negotiations was over Conte wanting a full backroom staff, 5 or 6 of his team to come with him. Levy said no and said he could have max 3. :levystare:what a dick

Yet the money he will now spend sacking Nuno and his staff could have easily covered it.

Once again being cheap in the short term ends up costing us more in the long-term.

Conte in the summer:
You’ll need to get rid of 75% of that squad and spend a whole deal replacing them”

Levy:

No this is a great squad just need to make Kane stay”

Conte:
Bye

Levy in the winter:
“Please come and stop us getting relegated, I’ll go all in for Shelvey ”

It's a poor translation, assuming that the Italian word has a similar meaning to the Spanish word compromiso. It doesn't mean "compromise" at all, but rather "commitment, promise".

It's what we in the trade call a "false friend", a foreign word that looks like an English one but which has a different meaning.

There's often much mirth to be had. The Spanish word for having a head cold, a blocked nose, is constipado. I proudly joined an army of countless thousands when I answered the question ¿Estás constipado? with words to the effect of "No, I'm pretty regular thanks, twice a day, like normal".

Or the Spaniard who can't understand why he's been given a laxative in the chemist's when what they were after was a Vicks Sinex spray.
According to Google Translate the Italian word for compromise is compromesso

:wall:

He isn’t coming to Spurs! He is waiting for a big club with ambition.

Forget Conte.

I'm not for one moment believing these latest rumours but where would Conte go next? Utd don't want him, Chelsea been there done that, Liverpool and City very happy with what they have. Real chose Ancelloti when Conte was free in the summer. Barca don't seem to be after him now they are manager-less. Bayern have Nagelsmann.

I think his next job will have to be at a club below the very top level but one who has ambitious plans.

Not a chance for a lot of reasons. Eddie Howe would be a sensible and realistic appointment. He gets his team playing football and after spending some time out of the game, should be chomping at the bit and raring to go.

I'll copy and paste this from another thread, more relevant to post it here:

I see some people mention Conte, I was praying we'd get him in the summer. No chance for us to get him now, but I hope we could. As a thought experiment, what would a Conte XI be with this group of mugs? I think he'd get way more out of them than Nuno, but centre-midfield would be the headache position to sort out, all of our combinations look shit. If he could get something out of them, he'd have half a chance at making a decent team from the current group...maybe.

Lloris
Tanganga Romero Rodon (?)
Skipp
Royal Ndombele Hojbjerg Reguilon
Kane Son​
Think he'd get a tune out of Reg. If he could get one out of Ndombele, I think Kane and Son would work ok, they did just last season. No way they became shit overnight. Back 3 is a bit ropey, we need to buy another centre half and one of Skipp/Hojbjerg would need an upgrade too most likely.
But anyway, no chance he comes here.

Conte won league titles with Victor Moses and Ashley Young. He can work with what we have.

Any decent manager working with our squad should be able to find a way to get Son and Kane scoring goals. Even Mourinho and Ryan Mason managed that.
Oh I agree he will make the team better , but this squad is shit . It’s not a squad that is capable of qualifying for a cl place let alone actually competing in it.

He will want guaranteed investment to replace 75% of the first 11 and Levy will not sanction that . Also Conte will want to decide which players he wants , which Levy will also not allow .

Why the fuck would he want to come here , when he also turned us down in the summer ?

No top manager is going to want to come anywhere near this club . And I frankly don’t blame them .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom