Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte giving those good vibes.
Such a shame we had to go through the pain of Nuno before we got our man. But everything happens for a reason.

I’m absolutely bursting for the new season to start.
A happy Tony is great for THFC. I think Levy knows that he’s potentially hit the jackpot again (there’s no denying that prime Poch had us purring but the stadium build and lack of transfers really hurt us) and he’d be an absolute fool to blow it.

Get Tony signed up for minimum 2 more years and let him grow the team into something very special.

In all honesty Conte short term contract situation is probably a massive help more than a hindrance, completely keeping Levy on his toes and ensuring that Levy must meet Antonio’s demands or Antonio walks. This is good leverage for Antonio to ensure the best players are brought in.

Maybe things will be different if Conte is on a three year contract.
I made this point b4, it's in his advantage to be on a short contract. He holds all the cards, why ever change it. Only crap manager with no faith in their own abilities would push for a longer one. I mean, no club doing well would sack a manager

Just to think, some people here suggested that "maybe we should not sign player X because he is "Conte-profile-of-a-player" " some time ago...

About as reasonable of a thought then to be in happy and fulfilling relationship with your dream woman and on the side going out to look for "who comes after my great relationship ends"...

"May 17, 2014 on the eve of the last championship match against Cagliari, Juventus are at 99 points but the Salento coach ( From Lecce) wants to close with 102 points.

During the technical meeting in the video room Buffon entered with the former Juventus CEO Beppe Marotta and Conte indisposed: "Mister, excuse me a moment, the director wants to clarify the question of the prizes to be paid to the team, after the championship win."

Conte's response was vehement and vitriolic towards Buffon: "You broke me! Broken, understand? And now go all out of your mind. Out, I don't want to see you anymore. Out, I said!", Gigi tries to explain: "But, mister ..." but Conte torpedoes him: "Shut up Gigi, no more word should come out of that mouth. Don't make me repeat it. I would never have expected it from you. The prizes ... But think of you, 'sti str ... Gigi, you're the captain. And you don't understand anything at all, actually let's face it, you don't understand shit. You're a disappointment, a defeat as soon as you open your mouth. You like all these other morons ".

Happy birthday to Antonio and Me!!!
Happy Birthday Party GIF by curly_mads

"May 17, 2014 on the eve of the last championship match against Cagliari, Juventus are at 99 points but the Salento coach ( From Lecce) wants to close with 102 points.

During the technical meeting in the video room Buffon entered with the former Juventus CEO Beppe Marotta and Conte indisposed: "Mister, excuse me a moment, the director wants to clarify the question of the prizes to be paid to the team, after the championship win."

Conte's response was vehement and vitriolic towards Buffon: "You broke me! Broken, understand? And now go all out of your mind. Out, I don't want to see you anymore. Out, I said!", Gigi tries to explain: "But, mister ..." but Conte torpedoes him: "Shut up Gigi, no more word should come out of that mouth. Don't make me repeat it. I would never have expected it from you. The prizes ... But think of you, 'sti str ... Gigi, you're the captain. And you don't understand anything at all, actually let's face it, you don't understand shit. You're a disappointment, a defeat as soon as you open your mouth. You like all these other morons ".
Imagine once in your life getting to work with someone as competent and passionate as Conte.

The more I hear this stuff, the more I love Conte.

I love this. That is exactly what you want from a manager.

Conte be taking no shit from nobody.

The more I hear this stuff, the more I love Conte.
The downside to this is that it can rub the players the wrong way. You have achieved the goals you set out to achieve, yet the manager is acting like you're preparing for the CL final.

It has been said that Conte can lose the dressing room and this is one area that he can change. I can see the players saying "you ran us to the ground in preseason, you killed us in games, and we did it all willingly because we see that this delivered the results we all wanted. Now that we have achieved them you still cuss us out?"

I hope Conte has toned down this type of reaction a bit. I don't think that Buffon's timing was the right one, but Conte could easily have said with a very stern tone "now is not the time for this discussion. We have a season to finish" rather than dress down the team captain (and an icon like Buffon, of all players) with such language in front of everyone. It's fine details and I hope he has evolved in this area.

Buffon,in my mind, acted like a fucking idiot . You know what you get with Conte. A crazy ass winning machine. I would say piss poor management from Buffon. He should have known the expected outcome. And if he hadn’t considered the reaction beforehand, he shouldn’t have been the guvnor.

I only see Levy as having 2 jobs. Make us money and managing Antonio . That’s it. Know when to lift the pressure of AC.

also, don’t hear former players slagging him off. They are more in awe of his single mindedness.

I think Ivan signing shows Conte’s man management is right up there.

Tottenham, Antonio Conte on Sky: "We need more steps to aim for the title"

Tottenham will take the field on 6 August for the first day of the Premier League against Southampton (match to be followed live on Sky). Francesco Cosatti exclusively interviewed Antonio Conte, Spurs coach: "We must not be presumptuous: we have started a serious path, adding quality players like Perisic, but the club needs to take other steps before thinking about the title. Four teams leave. always ahead of everyone: Liverpool, City, United and Chelsea "

How did the preseason go? What kind of Tottenham is being born? There are many new faces ...
"The pre-season went well, it was tiring, we had to make two long and demanding trips between Korea and Israel. But we worked hard, both from a tactical and a physical point of view. There were new players to add. , like Perisic who came from a major injury, or like Bissouma who got Covid and arrived a week later due to the Nationals. There were minor setbacks, but at the same time I'm happy to be able to continue working on an idea of 'last year, without having to start all over again, as happened in November: it was very hard there, you have to bring your idea from scratch ".

What is Tottenham's goal this season? Return to the Champions area? Or can you dream of something more?
"Honestly, we must be good at not becoming presumptuous and arrogant, we must not think that in just 7 months we have reduced a gap that has existed for a very long time, I am thinking of Liverpool and City, but also Chelsea have recently won the Champions and the World Cup. For club. There would also be United, but they have struggled a bit in recent years, unlike City or Liverpool. Klopp has been pursuing his ideas in Liverpool for seven years and is also supported by the club. "

What do you expect from two top players like Kane and Son? Can they still grow?
"Kane and Son are the two most representative players of the club. Two top players who could play in all the major teams. I see them very focused and happy that they have taken a direction well in advance of previous years. They see that there has remained a player base from last season and we are trying to implement that base to increase the quantity and quality of the squad, as we face four competitions. Kane and Son feel that the path they have taken on paper is good. "

Can Perisic do well right away in the Premier League? What do you expect from him?
"Now for Perisic it is important to get back in the best psychophysical condition, because he got hurt in the last match of last season, a serious injury, now he is back at his disposal. The expected recovery times seemed even longer, but then Ivan has recovered. Against Roma I made him play from the beginning to make him familiar with the pace of the match and with his teammates. He is not yet at 100%, but he is certainly a player who has reached an incredible maturity from all points of view. Let's not forget that he won with several clubs and made a World Cup final. His experience will be important for us. "

Will City and Liverpool start favorites in the next Premier League?
"I am assuming that in England for history and investments there are four teams that start in front of all: Liverpool, City, United and Chelsea. For example, Chelsea replaced Lukaku with Sterling, Rudiger left but Koulibaly arrived. United it's a great club, has a lot of fans all over the world and can spend, but those who spend don't always win. Two years ago United were behind City, then they bought CR7, Sancho and Varane, but they finished 6th. made these purchases to win the Premier, but they did not succeed, it is a championship in which we must maintain certain equilibriums in order not to slip. The club needs to take other steps before thinking of being a title contender right from the start. "

Let's look at the first of the league, at home against Southampton: what match can we expect?
"Last year Southampton took away 5 points from us in the standings. One against them we drew and one lost at home. So our first goal is to score more points against them, to add points to our 72 for the year. Southampton is a tough team, difficult to face, we know it well given the results of last season. But we want to do well. We have a team that has seven months of work behind us and we have improved the squad with players of quality, even in terms of numbers, to face our four competitions ".

I can’t wait for the following to be interpreted in MSM as Conte will walk soon because he doesn’t feel the same way at Spurs:

"Klopp has been pursuing his ideas in Liverpool for seven years and is also supported by the club. "

I can’t wait for the following to be interpreted in MSM as Conte will walk soon because he doesn’t feel the same way at Spurs:

"Klopp has been pursuing his ideas in Liverpool for seven years and is also supported by the club. "
Why don't you underline and bold the word also?

Back
Top Bottom