Answer this honestly

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

doherty isnt trent. even that ball to kulu earlier for the assist to kane. it might look like nothing but emerson doesnt get that right. its about timing and understanding and doherty has a far superior football I.Q to emerson which is why we look far better when hes on. he doesnt need to be putting in crosses like KDB. he also makes intelligent runs to free up space or take someone away from kulu, or to just simply give him another option. kulu would eventually get pulled into a rut if he was forced to play with emerson for a period of time.

im also not sure if emerson is a better defender than doherty. hes tried to clear a ball with his foot the other day when it was a head that was needed, thats a natural instinct that tells you hes not a defender. (bournemouth second goal)
Yeah I agree with a lot of your points here. I still just don't think there's a huge difference between them however. RWB is just an issue for us completely

Could have been levelled at Almiron and Jolinton a year ago but a manager has improved them, changed the position of the latter and they now look really decent players. Some of that lot on the list are beyond help (Emerson, Sanchez, probably Moura) but others shouldnt be (Sess, Gil, Davies). A manager isnt just about getting ready made stars because thats a luxury i suspect we'll never have. Its about making average players look good and good players look great.
Most of these turds have got Poch, Jose, and Nuno the sack, and will shortly see off Conte.

All of them

World class players , Conte isn't getting enough out of them
You weren't reaching us, dude:

beavis-butthead.gif

Naturally we know more about Spurs players than players on other teams and so we know their flaws. But there are players on other top six teams who aren't head and shoulders above the guys on that list. I read on this board that such and such player shouldn't play another minute here, but that assumes you can just go out and immediately replace them with something better. Some of the guys on the list play as much as they do because of injuries and trying to keep players rotated for the Champions League. Unless you've got Man City money behind you no team is going to have a perfect roster.

The truth is all teams have some lemons except City or Scouse last year. Woolwich are top at the moment but I don’t think I would want many of their players - the wing backs maybe

Most of these turds have got Poch, Jose, and Nuno the sack, and will shortly see off Conte.
More likely the fans booing will see off Conte. We played decent in the first half and deserved to be level with the penalty and hitting the post (and without Dier’s brain fart) but some fans chose to the boo the team off.

Thats going to make Conte leave quicker than the team list will.

The truth is all teams have some lemons except City or Scouse last year. Woolwich are top at the moment but I don’t think I would want many of their players - the wing backs maybe
Wingbacks , a couple of their central defenders , there most creative element in midfield and l would have Ramsdale over a aging Lloris.
So surprisingly about 6 but most thing l envy is their brand of football at the moment.

More likely the fans booing will see off Conte. We played decent in the first half and deserved to be level with the penalty and hitting the post (and without Dier’s brain fart) but some fans chose to the boo the team off.

Thats going to make Conte leave quicker than the team list will.
Yeah probably. I’m all for targeted booing of specific players and decisions but simply booing an entire team off when we’ve done ok like yesterday, is stupid

Big month for the club. Levy will want Conte to commit before he backs him, and if he won’t commit then I can see an early separation. My view is we simply buy some good players regardless of whether he commits. Pep couldn’t make our RWB’s look good

Wingbacks , a couple of their central defenders , there most creative element in midfield and l would have Ramsdale over a aging Lloris.
So surprisingly about 6 but most thing l envy is their brand of football at the moment.
They’ve backed the manager. Quickly cleared out many of the players he didn’t want

Most are utter shite i wouldnt disagree. I mean how we're in Sanchez and Mouras 6th season is beyond me. But Davies has just had his contract extended on Contes watch, talk of Dier getting the same. He keeps picking Emerson whilst not even trying Spence (also signed under him) and wont give Gil a chance despite the side having zero creativity without Kulu. Its not all his fault, its more the terrible football decisions of the last 4 or 5 years from Levy and Hitchen but he's beyond stubborn and lacks flexibility.

Attack: Kane, Son Kulusevski, Richarlison, Lucas, Gil

We can upgrade Lucas and Gil but it’s pretty decent

CM: Bentancur, Bissouma, Skipp, Hojbjerg and Sarr

Very good, probably strongest part of the team

Wing backs: Perisic, Sessengnon, Docherty, Emerson and Spence

The RWB is an issue.

CB’s: Sanchez, Romero, Dier, Lenglet, Davies and Tanganga

Weak, Romero is class but always injured, Lenglet is decent on the ball, the rest are average or mediocre. We need at least 2 more good CB’s.

GK: Lloris, Forster

Lloris is a wonderful servant of the club but the age is really kicking in, h has good games and bad games but all things come to an end.

Overall: need 2 good CB’s and a RWB, that is what is killing us, we would have won against Liverpool and we probably would have 9-12 more points without those issues. I would go as far as to say with 2 good CB’s and a RWB we would be level with City and Arse at the top and tipped for a title challenge. You cannot have weak links like we do and expect to go anywhere.

In reference to the thread it’s not that we have those players, some are decent bench players it’s that we don’t have stronger alternatives for the first XI.

How many of the players from this list would start at any other top 6 side.

Dier
Davies
Lenglet
Sessegnon
Royal
Moura
Gil
Doherty
Sanchez

Btw, I am not listing these players because I think they are shit, it’s just that we used them frequently in this patch of games where we got shit results. I’m genuinely curious how many of these you think would play regularly or at least 50% of the matches at any other club.

When you have your answer, and if it’s not at least 4, then ask yourself WHY you are so entitled that Conte should perform with those players.

Thanks.
Most on this list don’t even start for Spurs!!!

Dier
Davies
Lenglet
Sessegnon
Royal
Moura
Gil
Doherty
Sanchez

Btw, I am not listing these players because I think they are shit, it’s just that we used them frequently in this patch of games where we got shit results. I’m genuinely curious how many of these you think would play regularly or at least 50% of the matches at any other club.

When you have your answer, and if it’s not at least 4, then ask yourself WHY you are so entitled that Conte should perform with those players.

Thanks.
Most of them don’t start for us without injuries , not good enough for the bench though in most cases

Dier
Davies
Lenglet
Sessegnon
Royal
Moura
Gil
Doherty
Sanchez

Thanks.
Remember the old days when people here used to say the new stadium would see us competing with our peers in the transfer market and signing world class players?

That was funny

Dier
Davies
Lenglet
Sessegnon
Royal
Moura
Gil
Doherty
Sanchez

Thanks.
Where’s Lloris?

Consistently fucks us with stupid mistakes and is a professional footballer that quite literally can’t kick a football

Back
Top Bottom