Answer this honestly

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Davies does. Rotated with Lenglet.
Dier does.
Royal does. Rotated at times with Doherty.
Sessegnon does, rotates with Perisic.

Moura and Gil fair enough, but notice I said “these players played in this patch of games where we failed to get results”.
but MOST are NOT 1st 11 Tottenham players.

Dier is better than :
Man U - Martinez & Lindelof
Woolwich - he's on par with Gabrele
Chavs - Chalobah and I'd say is on par with Silva this season (Silva WAS a sensational CB, but he's not anymore).
City - Ake and Stones
Liverpool - This season he's better than VVD and Gomez (who I think has potential, but whilst still young and hasn't yet bettered how he played before his injury, perhaps he never will??).

Davies 100% also would be a rotation option for any of the big 6 just as he is for us.

Royal + Sess:
Utd - Are you seriously saying Fat Boy Shaw is better? Dallot too? £50m Winbasaka? Williams?
Woolwich - Tommaso and Soares aren't better than Royal
Liverpool - There is an argument (it's been raging for at least 2yrs) that TAA is a total liability in defence (he's a sensational forward) but seriously he's wank in defensive phases and Royal pisses on him in this aspect.

Our FB/WB's is a definite area for improvement, some of that improvement might come from each of these two players development (Sess has improved but is still a way off) as they are both young but with the exception of Utd the other 4 teams have at least one top-quality WB/FB were we don't have one.

You have a VERY different take on our best XI I guess..... 6 out of your list of 9 are squad players. You're holding them up to a best XI benchmark and the idea that idea that none of them would make the bench for other top 6/7 teams is false too.

If we're playing that game.... Maybe you'd like to sign Rob Holding? Cedric? Nketiah? Perma-crock Tomiyasu? Perma-crock Tierney? Reece Nelson? Lokonga? etc. etc.

Do we have clear deficiencies in our best XI.... Yes; the 3 you did list are a fair shout (and I concur to the undertone of support for Conte's efforts too) but again; listing off reams of back-up players doesn't prove that.

(There are a multitude of people in this thread making the same point as me now....)
I get what you are saying, but you seem to ignore the point I was trying to make, that some fans have started making noises since our form nosedived and they are shocked that we couldn’t beat Man Utd or Newcastle with the crop of players I listed above. IF the same results happened had we played our best first team, then it’d be understandable to start questioning Conte.

Dier is better than :
Man U - Martinez & Lindelof
Woolwich - he's on par with Gabrele
Chavs - Chalobah and I'd say is on par with Silva this season (Silva WAS a sensational CB, but he's not anymore).
City - Ake and Stones
Liverpool - This season he's better than VVD and Gomez (who I think has potential, but whilst still young and hasn't yet bettered how he played before his injury, perhaps he never will??).
Terrible take. Dier better than van Dijk is honestly laughable. Bet you watched a couple of games where van Dijk was poor then thought yeah, he’s shit.

Better than Stones? If Stones played one leg. Better than Martinez? No. On par with Gabriel? Maybe, because both are mistake prone.

I think the irony is, a few of them WOULD make it into other Top 6 teams.... but would be utilised differently, and would look like world beaters, and - knowing our luck - would each score against us with inevitable regularity!!

I get what you are saying, but you seem to ignore the point I was trying to make, that some fans have started making noises since our form nosedived and they are shocked that we couldn’t beat Man Utd or Newcastle with the crop of players I listed above. IF the same results happened had we played our best first team, then it’d be understandable to start questioning Conte.

This is much clearer about your point.... I guess the "at least 50% of the matches at any other club." part rings differently with a few of us than you intended.

Alas, a majority of people will just use this thread as another platform to give their least favourite players a kicking anyway.

Have yo
Terrible take. Dier better than van Dijk is honestly laughable. Bet you watched a couple of games where van Dijk was poor then thought yeah, he’s shit.

Better than Stones? If Stones played one leg. Better than Martinez? No. On par with Gabriel? Maybe, because both are mistake prone.
Have you watched VVD THIS SEASON????? He's been shit most games this year, like really, really shit.

Stones is so poor, he gets away with it as 90% of the oppo teams sit deep without the ball when they play City. On the rare occasion he's pressed he's literally a liability.

But it seems you are getting the gist. Individually there are question marks at CB in every top 6 sides and Dier would get into every one of those teams, which is what you were saying isn't the case.

So much is dependent upon how the manager sets the team up to play. Take a look on Blue Moon and see what they say when they are routinely picked off by a ball over the top with the oppo scoring from their only attack of the game or when Son or Kane literally run rings around them every time we play them. (I think Cancelo is one of the best in the Wolrd, not so against us).

Blaming it on the media is just nonsense. I think fans can make up their minds from watching the games and so far this season the football we have played has been poor and dull to boot. I'm not anti Conte, i mostly enjoyed watching us March/April/May last season. I have no idea what happened in the summer but something hasnt looked right since the start of the season. We can only hope the break coming up does us good and we sign a couple of first teamers in January. If its more of the same after the world cup then its a different matter.
How is it not nonsense? We're threatening the established elite. Each year we make top 4 and grow our global reputation we're taking from one of the big boys in that place prior. Most recently United. Which is why you hear all this negatively towards us.

The issues we have is a major injury crisis and Son's poor form. Both could have been solved if we were backed more like we should of been. Doesn't matter who is in charge if the level of investment doesn't keep up with the top 6 we're gonna fall down.

How many times have this boards penny pinching come back to bite us?

Watch this video here from last night. There absolutely is an agenda ATM and you're clearly buying into it. You don't see Liverpool fans calling for Klopps head. Ten Hag got spanked by Villa yesterday...

How is it not nonsense? We're threatening the established elite. Each year we make top 4 and grow our global reputation we're taking from one of the big boys in that place prior. Most recently United. Which is why you hear all this negatively towards us.

The issues we have is a major injury crisis and Son's poor form. Both could have been solved if we were backed more like we should of been. Doesn't matter who is in charge if the level of investment doesn't keep up with the top 6 we're gonna fall down.

How many times have this boards penny pinching come back to bite us?

Watch this video here from last night. There absolutely is an agenda ATM and you're clearly buying into it. You don't see Liverpool fans calling for Klopps head. Ten Hag got spanked by Villa yesterday...

How the hell am i buying into it if i dont watch or read it? Our football has been poor this season. Ranting about an established elite and a media agenda all sounds very Trumpian and just covering for a lack of quality on the pitch. I havent seen many if any calling for Contes head but he's not beyond criticism.

Back
Top Bottom