Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got through the first three. My observations

1) much less drama from the Poch period than I thought there would have been. They just got that out of the way.

2) Christian said some things I agree with. We can't act like he isn't human. That being said, editing sure made it look like he didn't want any part of the team.

3) Jose, for as much as I think we could have paid someone else, is a likeable guy that the team clearly needed. The Poch vs Jose personality is night and day. This bodes well for at least another season.

4) First I have really seem of Levy in my 10+ years of following the club. Pragmatic and not as much of a cunt that people make him out to be. Granted, editing can cover up a lot.

5) Jan should have his name enshrined. I know he didn't make the glorified 10 year mark, but dude was just a nice guy who gave us many years of passion for the shirt. Jan, you are super and will be missed.

Yeah but from watching our post Lockdown and pre season games. You can see the difference in quality of our play, especially going forward when Son and Kane play than when they don't.
This is why I'll be fuming if we don't have a backup striker this season.
He slagged Aurier before the olympiakos game and Serge scores a fucking screamer. He slaughtered Dele and got a good response. I feel sorry for Dier (that 30th minute substitution was right, but crushed the lad as we all saw laid bare) & Jan. Fucking hell, I will be a gibberish wreck by the end of this series as it all unfolds as we know it does.

The thing that surprised me the most was how much media coverage the players and the club consume. Every room at the club seems to have rolling Sky Sports coverage on constantly.
That would be something I'd get rid. Fuck all that outside noise.

The thing that surprised me the most was how much media coverage the players and the club consume. Every room at the club seems to have rolling Sky Sports coverage on constantly.
That would be something I'd get rid. Fuck all that outside noise.
Speaking of which, I see soccer Saturday fired everyone except Paul Merson, and of course Jeff...what’s that all about?

That's in most walks of life.
But having worked in elite sport its even more imperative to have confidence when you are in a high pressure cooker like that.
Honestly these guys need a degree in managing emotions and juggling media etc. Especially in a social media world where someone can openly and directly abuse you. Dele alluded to it.

I know you follow cricket Goat, the England youth teams do a course on how to manage media and work with psychologists. I'm very interested in how many of the ex athletes with mental health problems are because of being but into a high pressure cooker environment before they have even left their parental home at age 16 and up. Dele is an extreme example of kid to superstar in 1 year. Sure as shit need to a have strong mindset and thick skin.

If you look at players in the pre season game, notice someone like Alfie Devine and Dane Scarlett, these guys still haven't done their GCSE tests yet. They do get more psychological support but people also need to think twice before mindlessly criticising and swearing at young players.

💯 💯 💯 💯 💯

I thought there were some very cheap digs at Poch. Yes the guy needed removed, but he was due some respect.
There’s a great irony in all of this - 5 years ago a manager of Jose’s stature would have never come to us nor Amazon would have done a first class docu.

Poch didn’t win a trophy but firmly put us on the map of a Tier 1.5 club and any Spurs fan who cannot see or even appreciate his legacy is having a laugh. Guy’s impact at our club reduced to some CL semi highlights and a few bad results in the league - shameless by the bald greedy buffoon. He could have done a nice feature on his reign - the WHL unbeaten season legacy, etc.

That’s the whole point - Poch’s impact at the club was far greater than a sacking and made a mockery of his legacy
Be objective and not sentimental though
His legacy is a very good one, and nights like Amsterdam memorable and tear jerking.

To us.

Amsterdam doesn’t go down in the record books though. It’s not historic in that sense.
It was a semi final.
People want us to aim high then don’t want us to be ruthless enough to get there.

He was sacked for 26pts from 25 games, no away win in 11 months, and losing the confidence of the team.

All valid reasons, and nothing to do with his good work. The journey was over and anyone can see that.
It’s not just “Levy”......you watched the series how can anyone still not see that.

I really enjoyed it. A few observations:

1 - Jose is extremely pragmatic - I'm not talking about his style of football. He demands a lot from the players, but only when it's possible to achieve something. At half-time, for example, he's always positive - still something to be done. When the damage is complete - after Chelsea's match, for example, when the players were tired and defeated -, he just moves on to the next tangible objective.

2 - Jose speaks with Daniel Levy as an equal. In fact, there were moments when Levy seemed to be the one in a "inferior" position - part of the show, obviously.

3 - Daniel Levy is a genius. I think it's part of our job to criticize and demand more from those who run the club - it's absolutely normal, and Levy is not perfect. But honestly, we are very lucky to have him - and the best is yet to come. I like the partnership he is developing with Jose - Hojbjerg and Doherty deals (done early in the window) confirmed that it's working well for both parts.

4 - By the way, Hojbjerg and Doherty are fantastic signings, especially considering the types in our dressing room. Both are brave and vocal players; experienced, reliable players. I think we are putting together a good core of leaders - something difficult to imagine when Jose took over, as we've seen in these 3 episodes. Lloris - possibly the most intelligent player in the squad -, Toby, Dier, Hojbjerg, Doherty, Kane. Lo Celso seems to have a strong personality as well - I'd like to see him getting a bigger role in the next episodes.

5 - Harry Kane is a true leader. I have nothing but respect for the professional he is. And I think having more experienced players around will only help him. He needs to speak, but he needs others to speak as well. Considering he is the biggest star in the team, his word should ideally be used when absolutely necessary - the way things were going, he needed to speak in every match.

6 - It's clear that Kane believes in Jose and is happy to play for a manager like him. They need each other and they will make it work - I'm so sorry Paul Merson.

COYS

I will be interested to see how much of a Captain's influence Hugo has on the team when he returns from injury in the series. It's difficult imagining him doing the pre-match motivational talk just before kick off.
It was strange enough to hear Harry swearing but Lloris saying 'fucking' with that French accent ? Nah, he wouldn't would he ?

Just got through the first three. My observations

1) much less drama from the Poch period than I thought there would have been. They just got that out of the way.
Poch was never really comfortable taking part in the series so it would not surprise me if they negotiated that he would be showcased as little as possible as part of his severance package.

When I saw that Red Card challenge again I am even more certain it was bollocks. I guess you can discuss whether Rudiger is smart or a cheat but it's never a Red.
Thought it was a painful irony that we watched Mourinho encouraging our players to be bastards on the pitch (something I agree with) but then losing out to Rudiger / Chelscum who have cuntiness embeded in their DNA and are masters at the dark arts.

Yeah but from watching our post Lockdown and pre season games. You can see the difference in quality of our play, especially going forward when Son and Kane play than when they don't.
This is why I'll be fuming if we don't have a backup striker this season.

Yeah the injuries and lack of back up killed us.

Just at the point of the Chelsea game I think Mourinho believed we'd get 4th, then everyone completely fucked up that game.

Back
Top Bottom