Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok mate - no agenda there at all
It's edited to within an inch of it's life, yet tells absolutely nothing.

My favourite part was when the NFL guy pats Levy on the back and Levy starts grinning and squirming about like a 4 year old who has been told his shite drawing is going on the fridge.

Ok mate - no agenda there at all

I mean he was playing Rose and Eriksen every single game despite them playing like shit and running their mouths. He was using a wheelchair-bound Wanyama to try and close out games. He was playing a diamond formation that was killing us defensively. He wasn’t able to be ruthless with his own players the way he was with Kaboul, Ade etc all those years ago. His whole ethos was based on commitment to the collective and loyalty, to have your midfield maestro openly say he wants to leave will have been like a dagger to his heart. His philosophy just ran out of road, when players don’t believe in you anymore it can only end one way. He wasn’t the same man anymore.

Poch lost belief in himself too. If you read his book then you’ll know that he really believes in destiny, in the power of positive thinking. Our run to the CL final was like a divine plan, the miraculous comebacks all the way from the group stage to the final. He will have believed with all his heart that we were going to win, that we were fated to win. It‘s understandable that his psyche was severely damaged by the final.

I mean he was playing Rose and Eriksen every single game despite them playing like shit and running their mouths. He was using a wheelchair-bound Wanyama to try and close out games. He was playing a diamond formation that was killing us defensively. He wasn’t able to be ruthless with his own players the way he was with Kaboul, Ade etc all those years ago. His whole ethos was based on commitment to the collective and loyalty, to have your midfield maestro openly say he wants to leave will have been like a dagger to his heart. His philosophy just ran out of road, when players don’t believe in you anymore it can only end one way. He wasn’t the same man anymore.

Poch lost belief in himself too. If you read his book then you’ll know that he really believes in destiny, in the power of positive thinking. Our run to the CL final was like a divine plan, the miraculous comebacks all the way from the group stage to the final. He will have believed with all his heart that we were going to win, that we were fated to win. It‘s understandable that his psyche was severely damaged by the final.
I’ve read his book twice and the fact he got 20 mins only after giving us the best team in a generation and portrayed as some kind of buffoon who lost his mind - says it all. Rest is just speculation on your side

It's edited to within an inch of it's life, yet tells absolutely nothing.

My favourite part was when the NFL guy pats Levy on the back and Levy starts grinning and squirming about like a 4 year old who has been told his shite drawing is going on the fridge.
In fairness to Levy he had to suck NFL cock in order to make our business model work - I don’t blame him for that

Genuinely feel he will make a big splash next season after this.
He’s just different.....Special One was right, I’ve never seen a group of grown men turn into kittens like the team did around him.

The biggest difference is that he has no intention of being their friends to get respect or results.
Agreed this man oozes winning and success he just seems to attract it, I feel he has a point to prove and the team will bounce back this season.

I’ve read his book twice and the fact he got 20 mins only after giving us the best team in a generation and portrayed as some kind of buffoon who lost his mind - says it all. Rest is just speculation on your side

Poch never wanted to be part of this doc, I doubt he even participated that much. He was very clear from day one that he hated the cameras being around.

Anyway this doc was not about the last 5 years. It was about the 19/20 season. He wasn’t portrayed as a buffoon, just a man who couldn’t revive the team after we lost the biggest game in the history of Tottenham.

I don’t get all the Levy hate
It’s a complete non starter.
Anyone with half a brain can see what our club is about without watching this.
If someone watches this and still holds Levy responsible for the lack of trophies under Pochs tenure, then it’s obvious they don’t really get football clubs and live by the equation:

More money = more players = Cups

It’s demented at best

I just find this whole targeting of the perceived "weaker" elements and pandering to the perceived "stronger" or "most popular"elements a bit distasteful but also fucking outmoded and old school. His whole divisive thing just getting a bit tedious, even if it has some "results" upside.

As we all know - and saw in subsequent games - Dier is just as likely or even more likely to give a stupid VAR penalty away than Aurier.

Yes, I get that and understand how the message of any manager can become stale. As much as Klopp's gurning dame Edna on an E match day antics can irritate the fuck out of us, I do think he comes across as a far more genuine and likeable human being than Mourinho and has still managed to produce a phenomenally efficient winning football team - two in fact, and both in leagues where he wasn't managing the biggest/riches team - teams who also play progressive brands of football in a very competitive modern era.

I have said previously I can see how Mourinho's methods can get results, I don't think he's stupid, and we have already seen the early signs, post lockdown, of the Mourinho-fication of our team IMO, minor improvements in game management, simplification of remits to suit the type and level of players we have more, as opposed to the naivety of Poch counter-intuitively trying relentlessly to play chess with draughts -back to front possession football with midfielders that don't want the football, high lines with no high pressure, FB's up the pitch and wheel-less wardrobe CB's.

Just because it gets results doesn't always mean everything is justified. I don't like some of Mourinho's methodology and I don't particularly enjoy watching some of it.

Yes, but he knows Dier will be here longer than Aurier maybe?

Why can’t you just answer his rational and well balanced posts in the same light?
He claims this ain’t about the last 5 years then starts mentioning formations from 2 seasons back. Nice try - coming for someone who thinks Poch was a cunt and we should buy Troy Deeney - balances indeed mate

Won't bother parroting other people's comments about how enjoyable (surprisingly) it was, but one thing that did strike me was how childish Dele seems? Perhaps it's his style of humour, but I think there's an interesting comparison to make with Dier.

The two were very good friends at first, but if you compare the two meetings the players had with Jose, the difference in their reactions during the conversations was quite stark. Dele seemed like a schoolboy being told off by the headmaster, whereas Dier seemed more adult in discussing how he was addressing his future under Pochettino.

Now we've seen this summer the difference in holidays the two players had, with Dier having a more chilled holiday with some of the other players, whereas Dele was at one of these party resorts with Maddison.

It's no surprise that there's a lot less of a bromance visible between the two.

Interested to see if anyone else felt this too, or maybe I'm way off the mark.
Yeah I sort of felt the same

He came across like he wasn't really listening to what Jose was saying and just wanted to get out of the room

That was one of my favourite moments. Dele looked like someone who'd just realised that they'd spent all these years eating chicken with the feathers still on. Or just disgusted. Not sure which.
Hahaha, yeah, you could see he was thinking of the extra time he could have spent dancing on Fortnite instead of re-wetting his toothpaste and brush.

For the record, they were all wrong: rinse, paste, wet, brush.

Back
Top Bottom