Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking forward to watching this latter today. Funny so many seemed to have done a 180-degree pivot on this, which is fine but really tedious having to endure the endless negativity during the previous months leading up to this point.

Came in here to post that I've just listened to the TFC podcast (first time I've listened to it in almost a year) which is very good as speaks exclusively to the two producers involved in making of this documentary.
So nice to see someone get their angles correct on the Internet for a change.

Just watched all 3. Clearly edited a lot. No mention of the Rudiger incident or that horror injury for Andre Gomes that Son got a red for, even though both games were covered. Not complaining though :p
Next? Injury crisis then maybe rise of Tanganga, Lo Celso, Steve coming and scoring on debut. Wonder if Ndombele chasing Neto in March will make it in

Finally saw it - absolutely great watch

My summary

- Love Poch even more now - got done over by snakes like Eriksen and co

- Hate Levy even more for how he sacked Poch and how fake he is

- Love Jose’s passion and professionalism - hope it works out for us together. He’s a TRUE winner and something I feel Poch lacked

- Donna Cullen is still fit

Man - this was FUCKING EMOTIONAL!!

Finally saw it - absolutely great watch

My summary

- Love Poch even more now - got done over by snakes like Eriksen and co

- Hate Levy even more for how he sacked Poch and how fake he is

- Love Jose’s passion and professionalism - hope it works out for us together. He’s a TRUE winner and something I feel Poch lacked

- Donna Cullen is still fit

Man - this was FUCKING EMOTIONAL!!

Sorry but in the first episode you can see in Poch’s eyes, that his heart is not in it. His passion and belief in the project had gone. The contrast in body language between him and Mou (and himself pre-CL final) was so clear. Mou had the appetite to turn the ship around and Poch had given up. The CL final defeat and the number of players talking about leaving poisoned his aura. You can see it on the screen.

Sorry but in the first episode you can see in Poch’s eyes, that his heart is not in it. His passion and belief in the project had gone. The contrast in body language between him and Mou (and himself pre-CL final) was so clear. Mou had the appetite to turn the ship around and Poch had given up. The CL final defeat and the number of players talking about leaving poisoned his aura. You can see it on the screen.

Definitely. I think it’s the reason why Poch hasn’t jumped into the next available job too. He hasn’t got the fire back yet. The final fucked me over massively, I’d say I’m just about over it now but even the flashbacks of the semi were a bit of a punch in the gut knowing how bittersweet the game was. So he must of really been hurting. I think our players are probably only just recovering too and it’s taken being away from the game for 3 months and a new manager to get them back to how they were (as the post lockdown results proved).

Loved the first 3 episodes.

Fascinating insight into Jose. He’s a class act. So honest with everything. Telling Delehe’s lazy, telling Serge he’s a shit defender and being amazed at how much of an influence Sissoko is in the dressing room. You can see he believes he can win a trophy, he’s not afraid to drop people and tell them how it is. Also loved seeing Jose discuss the defence then Sacramento discuss the attack during the Olympiakos match.

Kane is proper Tottenham, but you can tell he’s frustrated with the mentality. He and Jose could be a great partnership.

Dele, seems like he has a massive influence in the team, but you can see he knows he has to improve.

Levy.. Great businessman but doesn’t know a thing about football.

That’s absolute bullshit and clever edit by Amazon and Bezos’ little brother - Poch was done over and scapegoated for a cunt regime

Mate I think poch played a large part in his own downfall, we just need to get behind Jose now if anyone is going to deliver it's this fella.
I’m not advocating otherwise just commenting on the series which is what this thread is about

Nothing will change what Poch meant to me though

My main take away from the show was just how young professional football players are. I know that's a statement of the bleeding obvious, but they're boys. They have this absolute inferno of pressure heaped upon them but so little way of understanding it. Of course, there are exceptions; those that are so driven and single minded, they can thrive.

It therefore makes sense why someone like Jose is so successful; because he clearly creates an environment where these young lads want to play for *him*. They want to win, to gain his favour.

Levy, in contrast, is just a bit of knob. I mean that in the kindest possible way.

Won't bother parroting other people's comments about how enjoyable (surprisingly) it was, but one thing that did strike me was how childish Dele seems? Perhaps it's his style of humour, but I think there's an interesting comparison to make with Dier.

The two were very good friends at first, but if you compare the two meetings the players had with Jose, the difference in their reactions during the conversations was quite stark. Dele seemed like a schoolboy being told off by the headmaster, whereas Dier seemed more adult in discussing how he was addressing his future under Pochettino.

Now we've seen this summer the difference in holidays the two players had, with Dier having a more chilled holiday with some of the other players, whereas Dele was at one of these party resorts with Maddison.

It's no surprise that there's a lot less of a bromance visible between the two.

Interested to see if anyone else felt this too, or maybe I'm way off the mark.

Won't bother parroting other people's comments about how enjoyable (surprisingly) it was, but one thing that did strike me was how childish Dele seems? Perhaps it's his style of humour, but I think there's an interesting comparison to make with Dier.

The two were very good friends at first, but if you compare the two meetings the players had with Jose, the difference in their reactions during the conversations was quite stark. Dele seemed like a schoolboy being told off by the headmaster, whereas Dier seemed more adult in discussing how he was addressing his future under Pochettino.

Now we've seen this summer the difference in holidays the two players had, with Dier having a more chilled holiday with some of the other players, whereas Dele was at one of these party resorts with Maddison.

It's no surprise that there's a lot less of a bromance visible between the two.

Interested to see if anyone else felt this too, or maybe I'm way off the mark.
Yeah I get where you are coming from , I really hope Dele can become the player he is meant to be , but part of me thinks he is happy just to be earning what he is and just cruise along and become The London Jessie linguard

Mate I think poch played a large part in his own downfall, we just need to get behind Jose now if anyone is going to deliver it's this fella.
Genuinely feel he will make a big splash next season after this.
He’s just different.....Special One was right, I’ve never seen a group of grown men turn into kittens like the team did around him.

The biggest difference is that he has no intention of being their friends to get respect or results.

Back
Top Bottom