Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The most interesting take on this, after watching episode one, is how Daniel behaves.
As someone clearly has mentioned before; a control freak. One that needs total insight on everything happening inside the club. Even the 'casual' entry on Jose's office after his first training. And yeah, he wanted Josè for years. It was an orgasm for him having the chance to sign him.

I actually found Levy quite likeable in the documentary. My impression is that he is friendly and personable in a way that Alan Sugar could never have been. If he has confidence in your ability, he will give you free reign to do your job. That was never the case with Sugar. He always had to stick his nose in where it wasn't needed and show everyone that he was the boss and that usually meant that people with the potential to change the club for the better were driven away because they didn't like being told what to do by someone who didn't know what he was doing.

Are you in the UK?
A lot of the best bits are in Portuguese but I can't stand subtitles normally in English

UK yep.... Only signed up yesterday.

Are you using a VPN? Perhaps a false location is affecting your settings?

Levy: Expected a weekly dialogue about the commercial projects attached to the club and what he's generally up to at the time of each episode.

Pleasantly surprised that's not the case; though I do expect him to feature more once covid hits.

Lol@the one other top coach in the League being fucking Nuno.

K, to clarify, I meant in terms of who we might have approached - not in absolute terms, obviously.

I do think a successful PL manager is a 'top coach' by any measure though. I mean if we mean who is the absolute best career wise the top three must be Klopp, Pep and Jose.

On ep 2 now.

So far

Jose likes Dier
Aurier came over well
Enjoying this, more than I thought I might given it's a product of the Levy propaganda machine

I actually found Levy quite likeable in the documentary. My impression is that he is friendly and personable in a way that Alan Sugar could never have been. If he has confidence in your ability, he will give you free reign to do your job. That was never the case with Sugar. He always had to stick his nose in where it wasn't needed and show everyone that he was the boss and that usually meant that people with the potential to change the club for the better were driven away because they didn't like being told what to do by someone who didn't know what he was doing.

Sugar was a terrible chairman. After saving us from going under it went downhill from there!

Great viewing to be honest.

First episode was definitely emotional for the opening 20 minutes. The whole CL run and semi final will always bring a tear to my eye.

Definitely lol'd at Mourinho saying 'Fuck Off' to the television when listening to pundits criticising him. Also surprised at Sissoko being a huge influence on the dressing room. Wonder if that's why he got so many starts last season over better fitting players, not wanting to disrupt that influence throughout the season until Jose could make his true mark on the team this year etc.
Chelsea result STILL pisses me off.

Oh and I love Serge Aurier. I really do wish him best for the future (if it's not here) and will always have that respect for him for showing the heart to play after his brother had died.

EgvZ64yWoAA15cH

Mourinho learnt everything he knows from Football Manager. Confirmed.

Looking forward to watching this latter today. Funny so many seemed to have done a 180-degree pivot on this, which is fine but really tedious having to endure the endless negativity during the previous months leading up to this point.

Came in here to post that I've just listened to the TFC podcast (first time I've listened to it in almost a year) which is very good as speaks exclusively to the two producers involved in making of this documentary.

Great viewing to be honest.

First episode was definitely emotional for the opening 20 minutes. The whole CL run and semi final will always bring a tear to my eye.

Yep..... Seeing Maurice drop to his knees like that will stay with me for a long time yet.

Definitely lol'd at Mourinho saying 'Fuck Off' to the television when listening to pundits criticising him.

Ah, yes... Forgot about that! LOL

Also surprised at Sissoko being a huge influence on the dressing room. Wonder if that's why he got so many starts last season over better fitting players, not wanting to disrupt that influence throughout the season until Jose could make his true mark on the team this year etc.

My guess it's popularity, more than influence...... Stemming from him stepping up when we were down to the bare bones last season.

Chelsea result STILL pisses me off.

Yep. Both games; but we were so fucking abject in the home game. Then Sonny fucked off whatever hope remained. :(

(Must admit he did annoy me a little; sat in the dressing room lying to himself saying "never a red".... As far as the rules go, of course it was a red..... )

Looking forward to watching this latter today. Funny so many seemed to have done a 180-degree pivot on this, which is fine but really tedious having to endure the endless negativity during the previous months leading up to this point.

Came in here to post that I've just listened to the TFC podcast (first time I've listened to it in almost a year) which is very good as speaks exclusively to the two producers involved in making of this documentary.

I think I’ll listen to that after I’ve watched the three episodes tonight. Will be a nice accompaniment

Anyone else had the following problem?

I made an Amazon account, filled in everything for the Prime part of it, including Visa info, but when I go to the Prime Video website and press on the log in, it lets me log in and goes back to the Prime Video homepage, but I'm not logged in. Weird.

Edit: found it, guess it goes from nothing to all for me :sonpoint:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom