Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Daniel Levy, the man famously media-shy, featuring on the big promo discussing sacking the manager he hung out to dry for 18 months feels a bit sickening.
I had always been very slow to be openly critical of the man. I used to really believe the guy was a Spurs fan at heart, that the decisions he took, despite how dodgy some of them were, were genuinely with the best interests of the club and fans at heart.

But my opinion of him has deteriorated incredibly fast over the past couple of seasons/years. There is just far, far too much evidence, particularly in the last 12 months, that the guy is nothing more than a cold hearted, money grabbing parasite, who has quite literally spat in the face of the fans of the club with the decisions he is made.

This documentary, essentially making a reality TV show of a man who gave so much more for this club in the 5/6 years he was here than Daniel Levy has in the 20 odd years he’s been bleeding us dry, losing his job, is the final straw for me.

Fuck ENIC and fuck Daniel Levy.

It's going to be the most interesting football documentary they've done by far. Maybe it will actually give us all a new perspective on how difficult it is to get things right. Maybe it will actually be touching. Whatever, fuck what the other club's fans think.

It's going to be a train crash that will spawn enough memes to last a generation.

Obviously will watch. Cost here isn't the Amazon subscription, it's the therapy we'll need afterwards.

I fail to see how anyone with the best interests of the club at heart ever thought this would be a good idea.

If woolwich did this we'd all be rubbing our hands waiting to see how much worse the filmmakers can make them seem.

I really hope we have some editorial control, but seriously doubt that we do. What a farce, like torpedoing your own ship.

Won't waste a minute of my time watching it. It's bad enough watching our players at the moment.

Clearly it's a money spinner for our lovely owners, but being a bit old school I only care about us playing well and trying to win football matches. Everything else is fluff.

Is anyone else still flabbergasted that this was actually given the green light?
We are literally willingly releasing a documentary where we are essentially making a complete and utter tit of ourselves to the whole football world.
ENIC, Daniel Levy, or whoever allowed this absolutely shit show to happen hang your heads you shameless, money grabbing cunts.
We’re a farce of a club. A genuine farce.

First off; be clear, I'm not into the idea...

But, who knew this season would be a shit-fest....? The prospect of the doc alone needn't have disrupted much, if anything, on the pitch.... City won the league during their documented season afterall.

Once commissioned I'd tend to assume we would have to pay them some kind of compensation to not release something once the project was agreed and initiated (sure, we had some reasonable editing liberty, but that's not the same as pulling the plug).

I had always been very slow to be openly critical of the man. I used to really believe the guy was a Spurs fan at heart, that the decisions he took, despite how dodgy some of them were, were genuinely with the best interests of the club and fans at heart.

But my opinion of him has deteriorated incredibly fast over the past couple of seasons/years. There is just far, far too much evidence, particularly in the last 12 months, that the guy is nothing more than a cold hearted, money grabbing parasite, who has quite literally spat in the face of the fans of the club with the decisions he is made.

This documentary, essentially making a reality TV show of a man who gave so much more for this club in the 5/6 years he was here than Daniel Levy has in the 20 odd years he’s been bleeding us dry, losing his job, is the final straw for me.

Keep some perspective fella..... It wasn't contrived like you're making out. This deal would have been discussed and struck long before this season started..... Likely before last season ended; if not off the back of us reaching the CL final. Amazon just lucked out.... Poch, Jose, Covid...... That's an insane twist of fate.

I fail to see how anyone with the best interests of the club at heart ever thought this would be a good idea.

If woolwich did this we'd all be rubbing our hands waiting to see how much worse the filmmakers can make them seem.

I really hope we have some editorial control, but seriously doubt that we do. What a farce, like torpedoing your own ship.

I'm not a fan of the idea, but as I've already pointed out City & Liverpool (and Sunderland) have both already done it. It's not the unprecidented cash-grab it's being made out to be.

Last edited:
Not watching it. Nothing good will come of it. We’re just going to look like a bunch of cunts. And as for ‘All Or Nothing’, is that a fucking joke? All or nothing suggests we’re actually attempting to win shit.

If we want to win shit, Levy needs to fork out at least £80m for two fullbacks, £80m for two centre backs, £50m for a CDM, £50m for an alternate centre forward, clear the deadwood from our team and reinvest in young players for the future.

We’re looking more likely to be relegated than win the title. ‘All Or Nothing’. Absolute pisstake. More like ‘Profit = Success: Fuck The Fans - The Give Me All Your Money Story’.

I think you need to calm your expectations a bit mate..... 40m-50m in every position? ....That's City spending levels.

Word

First off; be clear, I'm not into the idea...

But, who knew this season would be a shit-fest....? The prospect of the doc alone needn't have disrupted much, if anything, on the pitch.... City won the league during their documented season afterall.

Once commissioned I'd tend to assume we would have to pay them some kind of compensation to not release something once the project was agreed and initiated (sure, we had some reasonable editing liberty, but that's not the same as pulling the plug).
The manager stated clearly that he wasn’t a fan of it. He quite clearly didn’t want it to happen. The ownership went ahead with it despite these concerns because of financial reasons.
Stop making excuses for them/Levy.

The manager stated clearly that he wasn’t a fan of it. He quite clearly didn’t want it to happen. The ownership went ahead with it despite these concerns because of financial reasons.

I'm making no excuses for anyone... Did I not make a point of stating in my first (and last) statement of my post that I'm not a fan of the doc....????

You can dislike it and yet maintain perspetive without hamming it up.

You've pretty much made out that Poch being sacked and all the other crap that this year has thrown at us was set up for the cameras; which is of course nonsense.

Read something about Poch wanting to install cameras to review training etc. and was even willing to pay for them himself (£80k), which Levy denied and then promptly set Amazon up all over the place including Poch's office.

Not related, but I seem to remember us being forced to play a couple of matches over in Germany in some meaningless pre-season money grab a matter of days before our opening fixture at Old Trafford.

Poch made his feelings known. But of course, the games went ahead.
We subsequently lost to United of course.

Just another example of Levy favouring profit over the best interests of our football team

I'm making no excuses for anyone... Did I not make a point of stating in my first (and last) statement of my post that I'm not a fan of the doc....????

You can dislike it and yet maintain perspetive without hamming it up.

You've pretty much made out that Poch being sacked and all the other crap that this year has thrown at us was set up for the cameras; which is of course nonsense.
You did make that point. But you also then went on to argue “no one could have seen this shitfest coming.” “We probably already paid them.” They’re excuses my friend. They may be thinly veiled as usual. But they’re excuses, and until we as fans stop making them for our owners, nothing will change.
Our manager did not want this documentary to happen. He had reservations about how it would effect us on the pitch. As such, it should not have happened. Period.
The excuses for Levy need to stop. The jig is well and truly up.

Back
Top Bottom