Alex Ferguson...!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Impressed at the respect being shown here. I hope he can recover. He stopped Arse and Chavs winning too many titles. More importantly, he’s a big family man with plenty around him. Hope they all pull through this.

Fucking depressing.

Will be in my thoughts. An absolute giant of the game and the greatest manager in the history of the sport.

Legend.

Sad news.

Couldn’t stand him as a manager, but mainly because he was so good at doing whatever it took to win. I’ve always respected him though. The “lads, it’s Tottenham” quote was insulting, but at the time not only was it an accurate assessment of our ability to bottle things, it also clearly worked. Of course it could have just been a simple observation.

Genuinely good bloke, very interesting too both on and off the topic of footie.

Fantastic manager of course, rebuilt god knows how many teams to win the title.

Would have been interesting if we'd managed to grab him from Aberdeen. We had some very good players when Burk left. I always felt we were one player short of going toe to toe with Dippers in those days. SAF would just have gone out and got him.

Obviously couldn't stand him at United, but he was clearly one of the best football managers of all time. Even better than me when I took Bury to the UEFA Cup in Football Manager 2007.

When they did the little announcement on BT Sport during the footy last night I thought "Christ, they're doing a sombre announcement like this for an operation? He's going to be dead within a couple of hours max." Apparently the presenters on Sky Sports News are wearing black today? Serious stuff. Also I'd not realised he was such a figurehead his passing was earmarked to get the Dead Queen treatment, but I suppose he is one of the biggest names in the game.

Back
Top Bottom