Afcon 2024 and AFC Asian Cup 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree that it is very racist the lack of diversity within the AFCON.
Maybe more european/whites should go and settle down* in those countries and then there would be some white players from there? Like in South africa almost all the cricketers are white.

*by settle down I obviously dont mean colonise and steal resources.

This is hilarious. 0-4, with goal difference being the determinant factor in the 3rd place teams, after points and head-to-head), seeing as the head-to-head rule can't happen as none of the 3rd place teams will have played each other, if that makes sense. I think.

So, from tonight's two later games: if there's a winner between Mozambique and Ghana, then the winner would go above Ivory Coast (should either finish 3rd), and if Egypt manage to at least draw against Cape Verde (who have already won the group), then that would be enough for them to go above Ivory Coast, should they end up finishing 3rd. Doesn't mean that Egypt would go through as that would be determined by the remaining games this week but it would take another 3rd place berth away from Ivory Coast.

I do hope you are all following.

Ranking of third-placed teams​

PosGrpTeam
PldWDLGFGAGDPtsQualification
1A
23px-Flag_of_C%C3%B4te_d%27Ivoire.svg.png
Ivory Coast
310225−33Advance to knockout stage
2E
23px-Flag_of_Namibia.svg.png
Namibia
210114−33
3D
23px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png
Algeria
4F
23px-Flag_of_Zambia.svg.png
Zambia
5B
23px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png
Ghana
201134−11
6C
23px-Flag_of_Cameroon.svg.png
Cameroon
201124−21
Updated to match(es) played on 22 January 2024 (2 of 4 matches played). Source: CAF
Rules for classification: 1) Points; 2) Goal difference; 3) Goals scored; 4) Disciplinary points; 5) Drawing of lots.
Cape Verde ahead 1-0, which would likely mean Egypt go out

Now 1-1...
Wow... That's 'wow' as in a likely Egypt winner.

Back
Top Bottom