Afcon 2024 and AFC Asian Cup 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, it was.

Thanks!

prince-walk.gif
:dohertyshrug:

Little but of me wants all 3 of our lads to go deep/win in these tournaments. Want them to come back buzzing.
Other part of me wants them all back tomorrow unscathed.
Conflicted 🤔

So with Mali drawing last night they now have 4 points - almost certainly into the knock out stages given that most 3rd places in the group will go through.

The one good thing is Bissouma came on after 83 mins so only played 7 minutes of normal time (and 60 mins in the first AFCON match ), so he's not been 'over played'

The one negative is him catching malaria - and although 'locals' catching it are often not badly affected as they carry a level of immunity as its a common disease in Mali, it might still affect his performance levels back at Spurs.

So with Mali drawing last night they now have 4 points - almost certainly into the knock out stages given that most 3rd places in the group will go through.

The one good thing is Bissouma came on after 83 mins so only played 7 minutes of normal time (and 60 mins in the first AFCON match ), so he's not been 'over played'

The one negative is him catching malaria - and although 'locals' catching it are often not badly affected as they carry a level of immunity as its a common disease in Mali, it might still affect his performance levels back at Spurs.

Any situation which sees Mali vs Senegal in the next round?

So Salah is back to Liverpool due to injury…

Guaranteed if Egypt go out in R16 where they’ll play on 27, 28 or 29 Jan, that salah is in the squad to play Chelsea.
So they have not got treatment facilities where Salah is playing?
I smell a rat here me thinks!

So Salah is back to Liverpool due to injury…

Guaranteed if Egypt go out in R16 where they’ll play on 27, 28 or 29 Jan, that salah is in the squad to play Chelsea.

They are 100% banking on Egypt going out in that round.

Liverpool will smash Chelsea without Salah. I reckon he'll make a miraculous recovery for the Woolwich fixture.

Back
Top Bottom