AFC Bournemouth VS Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday 26th August 2023. Vitality Stadium 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This game could not have highlighted the need for a striker that I have talked about more.

This would be 4 or 5 wirh a half decent one.

Today we got a tad lucky but by the close of the window we need to address the striker issue.... or live to regret it

U

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/VtHTMk_L-X4?si=pzFzC6T8fz0XuoBd

Mate, just chill for the arvo and enjoy the win....

The striker issue will no doubt be addressed.... AS YOU HAVE SPECIFICALLY TALKED ABOUT...

but for now, enjoy a Spurs win

.... unless.....

Unless....

UNLESS YOU JUST CAN'T?

I won't be rude so best to say go away because you know nothing.

You the only one who asked. I guess you know what I meant.

If you didn't, apologies for the mis-spelt name 'Shadydan'.

To actually counter your post, I don't think the defence has changed that much, it's more about the philosophy and the coaching, the difference is that Ange is getting these guys to play on the front foot and getting them to attack as opposed to marking space and sitting in their own box.

Also we now press better as a team and a unit which helps the defence, under Conte and Jose we were giving up chances because of the lack of press from the front.

Obviously tons of positives but one thing that stood out to me today is Angel’s perfect use of substitutions.

First two he brought in right as Bournemouth were getting a foothold in the game, brought on two experienced players.

Second two he brought on as our midfield was tiring.

Last was preventative and head injury related.

Perfect, so refreshing to see a manager make proactive subs again.

I believe, we’re all being pretty measured and not getting carried away yet, but why does EVERY fucking pundit on either radio or tv keep telling us at every available opportunity that “things are looking better for Spurs but we haven’t played Liverpool, City or Woolwich……., so we shouldn’t get over confident etc etc.

We know that!! We’ve only played three games, so hardly anyone has played them yet. We’re just acknowledging that improvements are clear to see and it is already far better than anything we’ve had recently. They really do love to piss on our chips.

Man I enjoyed that.

Last season, I was way more interested in reading this site when the game was going on than the actual footie. This season I don't want to miss a pass.

Fucking love Ange ball.

Agree that there was a noticeable dip with those two but PEH is just such a different player from Sarr and Bissouma. Lo Celso seems like he just needs some game time maybe.
There were a few times PEH just straight passed it to an opposing player. Visions of our team from last year and the year before.

Back
Top Bottom