Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mason said last week that it's a simple case of if you perform in training then you are in the first team.
Of course Mason will say that. Hes in the first team no matter how horrid his play has been. Or is he going to say Im shit in training, Im shit on the pitch , but me and poch have a good relationship so I get to play and stink out the place.

Of course Mason will say that. Hes in the first team no matter how horrid his play has been. Or is he going to say Im shit in training, Im shit on the pitch , but me and poch have a good relationship so I get to play and stink out the place.

What's wrong sweet cheeks did Mason shit in your coffee while you were on your break from tickling Ade's balls? Career littered with managers dumping him into the reserves to train and getting rid asap. Pochettino is known for his training regime. Think that you can be shit in training with someone that does double and triple training sessions regularly and still play? I can wait for you to ask Ade how to answer if you like?

What's wrong sweet cheeks did Mason shit in your coffee while you were on your break from tickling Ade's balls? Career littered with managers dumping him into the reserves to train and getting rid asap. Pochettino is known for his training regime. Think that you can be shit in training with someone that does double and triple training sessions regularly and still play? I can wait for you to ask Ade how to answer if you like?
Nothings wrong shit face. I said shitface obviously as all you just wrote was shit possibly collected from sucking pochetino and mason's bumholes.

All these double and triple training sessions in which mason is amazing and yet he is dogshit in matches. Makes complete sense. Paulinho's been scoring 30 yarders in training all the time to get the start vs Burnley ....riiiight.

Nothings wrong shit face. I said shitface obviously as all you just wrote was shit possibly collected from sucking pochetino and mason's bumholes.

All these double and triple training sessions in which mason is amazing and yet he is dogshit in matches. Makes complete sense. Paulinho's been scoring 30 yarders in training all the time to get the start vs Burnley ....riiiight.

Mason is not dogshit. It is well known that he simply performs best in the company of a midfield anchor or destroyer. Alas, you with your harsh attacks on players are spurs' only destroyer at the moment-- a destroyer of confidence! :levywhoa::adegrin:

Shit? Adebayor has never been trouble with any club ever has he? Not disappeared for 2 weeks after Togo got knocked out of the African Nations while Bentaleb was back in days. Not disappeared mid season because of "black magic." Not spent every other season scoring no goals at all, being dropped by each manager and forced to train with the kids.

As for Paulinho none of us outside of staff and players know how well he's trained recently. Clearly both of them train better than Adebayor and clearly Paulinho did something recently in training to be considered. Whether it transitions to the match makes no fucking difference. You don't spend a season drilling your players with the mantra that "effort = minutes" and then play some shitpiece that can only be arsed to put in the effort in small spells.

So you have a B in your bonnet about Mason? If you're a stats man Mason leads a large number of the stats tables within our team, Mason also offers the energy you'd want from a team that presses. Mason is also in his first season in the top flight so it's sensible to give him some slack rather than deflect from some fucking numpty that spends every other season doing nothing to help the team win games, yet finds the time to continually yammer on about being willing to fight for his place. The scum were glad to be rid, City were glad to be rid, Real had no interest in making his loan permanent, AVB gave him a shot then dropped him, Pochettino did the same but no ,Mason is full of shit isn't he?

Is Mason playing well right now? No, but then neither are two thirds of the team. If the likes of Adebayor, Capoue, Kaboul etc were pulling their weight in training then with how shit we've been since March they would have played or at least featured.

So you have a B in your bonnet about Mason? If you're a stats man Mason leads a large number of the stats tables within our team
Bullshit. Maybe the number of tackles as thats all he does and possibly the running around stat but I think Eriksen leads that. Dont think theres any other stat PER 90 MINUTES that he leads. He may lead the totals of certain things just because he's played more than most of our other central players.

The only 2 managers we've had recently who had any sort of clue, sherwood and redknapp, were both extremely successful with adebayor.

Not that I want to see much of adebayor but just cause mason says something about pochetino doesnt mean jack schitte because like i said before mason is to pochetino what paulinho was to avb. They wil always play regardless of how shit they are.

Last edited:
Paulinho did something recently in training to be considered. Whether it transitions to the match makes no fucking difference.

Well it fucking should. Maybe we should have fielded Joe Jordan for the run in the other year....I bet he showed heart in training?

Or maybe Chelsea should play that bird doctor....she's got the right attitude. Nice lass.

Bullshit. Maybe the number of tackles as thats all he does and possibly the running around stat but I think Eriksen leads that. Dont think theres any other stat PER 90 MINUTES that he leads. He may lead the totals of certain things just because he's played more than most of our other central players.

The only 2 managers we've had recently who had any sort of clue, sherwood and redknapp, were both extremely successful with adebayor.

Not that I want to see much of adebayor but just cause mason says something about pochetino doesnt mean jack schitte because like i said before mason is to pochetino what paulinho was to avb. They wil always play regardless of how shit they are.

Never takes long for a mask to slip. Those vastly successful managers that have one sole FA Cup win between them in over 30 years of combined management. Funny how you ignored the rest of the teams I mentioned, guess it's harder for you to dump on Mourinho, Mancini and Wenger's (spits) achievements and assessments of players.

Mason has more assists in the league than Eriksen despite playing further back, has more tackles than Bentaleb by almost double despite only playing 5 games more and for one of the central 2 he has more forward passes, key passes and chances created than Bentaleb and Dembele by a distance despite similar game time.

As for the last bit if he's performing in training while everyone else in similar positions lumbers around half arsing it then picking them instead sends the wrong message. Don't know how many times I need to say that before it sinks in. He's trying to build a TEAM and not knob polish individuals like Redknapp and Sherwood do.

For you and sammyspurs sammyspurs regarding Paulinho I saw this on SC yesterday talking about the open training session

2) Soldado seems to get on surprisingly well with everyone (not just Lamela etc), and was pretty talkative. Works hard too supposedly. Same with Paulinho actually.

link if you want to see for yourselves http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/open-training.118337/

The SOLE reason I've taken such a solid stance on this is really quite simple, Mason is in his first season and is clearly working hard. Yet rather than take what he said as an indication of what a player should be doing to get his chance you used it (intentionally or not) to defend Adebayor. Adebayor has a history of being awkward and lazy, Mason is in his first season on Premier League football and deserves support not being slagged off and put down. I'd rather have someone that gives a fuck, tries and isn't scared of making mistakes than a passenger that tries when he can be bothered then moans or says the same shit without doing anything to change things. I sick and fucking tired of lazy players at the club, thieving a wage while youth players try to develop and get slagged off by people that have the utter fucking stones to claim to be fans.

Last reply because i'll be damned if I'm going to start contributing to the type of 10 page long arguments that are the norm on here nowadays.

Never takes long for a mask to slip. Those vastly successful managers that have one sole FA Cup win between them in over 30 years of combined management. Funny how you ignored the rest of the teams I mentioned, guess it's harder for you to dump on Mourinho, Mancini and Wenger's (spits) achievements and assessments of players.

Mason has more assists in the league than Eriksen despite playing further back, has more tackles than Bentaleb by almost double despite only playing 5 games more and for one of the central 2 he has more forward passes, key passes and chances created than Bentaleb and Dembele by a distance despite similar game time.

As for the last bit if he's performing in training while everyone else in similar positions lumbers around half arsing it then picking them instead sends the wrong message. Don't know how many times I need to say that before it sinks in. He's trying to build a TEAM and not knob polish individuals like Redknapp and Sherwood do.

For you and sammyspurs sammyspurs regarding Paulinho I saw this on SC yesterday talking about the open training session

link if you want to see for yourselves http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/open-training.118337/

The SOLE reason I've taken such a solid stance on this is really quite simple, Mason is in his first season and is clearly working hard. Yet rather than take what he said as an indication of what a player should be doing to get his chance you used it (intentionally or not) to defend Adebayor. Adebayor has a history of being awkward and lazy, Mason is in his first season on Premier League football and deserves support not being slagged off and put down. I'd rather have someone that gives a fuck, tries and isn't scared of making mistakes than a passenger that tries when he can be bothered then moans or says the same shit without doing anything to change things. I sick and fucking tired of lazy players at the club, thieving a wage while youth players try to develop and get slagged off by people that have the utter fucking stones to claim to be fans.

Last reply because i'll be damned if I'm going to start contributing to the type of 10 page long arguments that are the norm on here nowadays.
How dare you make a salient point and then fuck off. GET BACK HERE AND ARGUE, BITCH!!!!

whoah buddy..
first comment this year that doesen't try to badmouth our team and makes valid points.

thus, i don't like you - i cant ARGUE with you.

never return:dawsonmean:

Even Dembele has a better rate of assists than Eriksen this season.

Per 90 minutes these are mason's rankings.

5th in assists.
5th in total passes per match.
6th in key passes (All these forward passes yet Dembele, Eriksen are higher)
9th in passing accuracy.
13th in interceptions
3rd in tackles
7th in % of tackles won
19th in winning headers

Its stupid to call redknapp a knob polisher . Yea he is our most successful manager of almost the last 20 years but instead this poch character whos best so far is finishing 8th is some sort of genius team builder because we beat lots of lower league teams in a cup.

Last edited:
Why are people arguing that Ade should play? He started the first 9 or so games and was the worst player on the pitch (/in the league) in every single one of them.

There is little reason to believe that he would suddenly come good.

Mason hasn't been tearing up the league recently, but he's been a hell of a lot better than Ade this season.

person-smoking-crack-o.gif

Back
Top Bottom