Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I believe cites the fact that Ade smiles and acts carefree after missing sitters as what really pisses him off. I don't actually remember ever seeing anything like this so not sure where it comes from.
You blind mate?

Ade ALWAYS smiles and acts carefree.

Ade's form has been poor - no doubt, and i don't really want to debate the if's and why's of that.

However, I do think that against West Ham he looked just a little bit more dangerous then he has for a while now, which gives me cause for a little optimism. I honestly think that he just needs one good game to get his confidence back and then he'll be back.

Unusually optimistic for me, but there we go

I actually felt sorry for Ade yesterday. You could see he was furious with himself after missing that header, and the way he went in for the ball when Siggy scored, nearly taking Caulkers head and Collinson at the same time, showed desperation to score.

That is what is causing him problems, his desperation to score. It's too much and he is snatching at chances rather than getting some composure. He is working really hard on the pitch, closing players down, always it is him charging the gk, holding up play immensely and laying the ball off in a very able way.

What he probably needs is to have the fans on side. If we would only let him know we love him, he would start scoring. Even if we don't. I just don't understand 'fans' who insult our own players. Don't they understand that it undermines the team?

The smile when he misses is clearly self deprecating. Look at the body language, not just the face. He is seriously pissed with himself. And he immediately throws himself about the pitch.

Ade wasn't poor yesterday - but our midfield axis of Dembele and Parker wasn't great. Fortunately it is a team, and when some players don't perform to their usual, others step up.

I still think Ade should donate part of his match fee to the Charity of Bale's choice!
Cos after THAT miss, if we hadn't have won, I doubt Ade would've got his confidence back any time soon!

Still, it's all set up nicely for an Ade goalscoring haunting on Sunday!
Hell, if it was the other way round, and one of OUR ex-players was showing that kinda form, I know who I'd have my money on to score against us!

I'll be looking around on the internet bookies' for odds on him scoring, scoring first, scoring the winner etc against the Woolwich Wanderers next weekend.

After last night Adebayor scoring against the scum is just written all over.

I'll be looking around on the internet bookies' for odds on him scoring, scoring first, scoring the winner etc against the Woolwich Wanderers next weekend.

After last night Adebayor scoring against the scum is just written all over.

Might be worth a cheeky punt. Let's just hope he has the belly fire without the suicide tackles this time.

The smile when he misses is clearly self deprecating.
It's also, crucially, not limited to him. When this critique surfaced last night (principally by Audere, I think), I was startled. Even our wonder boy Bale sports an incredulous grin when he misses a sitter, even if the match is close.

What should we expect, a cat o' nine tails behind each goal so that Adebayor can take the discipline and self-flagellate for a minute after every miss? Perhaps we should start singing "Adebayor, Adebayor, he mortifies his flesh like a sinning Monsignor"?

I guess I just have to catch up.

Shambles of a forward. Im normally one for round pegs and round holes holes but if Defoe isnt fit, stick bale up there....Put Benny on the left wing...you name it. Anything but that lanky pratt

You can't move Bale from where he is right now drifting across the wings and attacking midfield portion, he's on fucking fire.

You can't move Bale from where he is right now drifting across the wings and attacking midfield portion, he's on fucking fire.

I think you could put him anywhere on the field at the moment and he would get goals, hes get more and more central and more and more forward anyway.

Seriously, I have seen few more inept performances that Adebayors last night.

I dont normally respond to neg rep, rather than just call the person who gave it me a c*nt.

But seriously Arseface, what are you thinking? Adebayor, is toilet, he adds nothing at all. Nada. What is your justification for disagreeing?

Ps you're a c*nt

I think you could put him anywhere on the field at the moment and he would get goals, hes get more and more central and more and more forward anyway.

Seriously, I have seen few more inept performances that Adebayors last night.

I've seen far worse than Ade's performance last night to be fair, people are just getting frustrated as they don't see any direct end result from him. I still think he will get there, people don't just become shit over night. But you are right in saying Bale could probably play anywhere, but I think he is most threatening doing what he is doing now.

I would rather we kept faith with Ade than move Bale from a position he seems to be loving at the moment. And if we need to drop him bring in Kane or Obika.

What a mature, well-structured response of tremendous insight.

He worked very hard yesterday and chased/closed down defenders as much as possible. Was unlucky with the header, granted but showed workrate and drive. For that, I cannot fault him.

Whatever you impressions of his performance were - he remains our only striker of some quality from now unitl May - so we can either berrate him with Arse-mania like level of 'anlysis' or get behind and support him as a player, hoping he can re-discover some confidence in the next few weeks and add vital goals - much like he did last season. The ability is there - only a matter of consistence / confidence.

I've seen far worse than Ade's performance last night to be fair

The air shot for Siggy goal? The glaring miss? The bambi on ice attempt to dribble it up the line just before the final whistle? The total lack of movement? the ball bouncing off him every time he doesnt get muscled off it?

Nah mate its up there. Nothing short of a disgrace last night.

The air shot for Siggy goal? The glaring miss? The bambi on ice attempt to dribble it up the line just before the final whistle? The total lack of movement? the ball bouncing off him every time he doesnt get muscled off it?

Nah mate its up there. Nothing short of a disgrace last night.

You clearly don't remember Helder Postiga :avbnaa:

Back
Top Bottom