Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To which I replied that low blocks barely give any space since they play with 9-10 players inside their own half. You could see it against Watford how difficult it is to circulate the ball in a packed area. And considering how Traore plays, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d run into dead ends.
You're absolutely right about this.
The only player in our squad realistically who can unlock packed defences is Ndombele. And he doesn't give a flying fuck. So we're in trouble.

If we really do sign Traore it’s safe to say Conte is the latest manger in a long list of managers that has no say in our transfers…..

I’m sure Conte has some say but Paratici is the one building the roster. That’s the entire point of a DoF

One of the reasons we’re in such a mess is because we got different players for different managers. There’s zero continuity.

Poch players, Jose players, Nuno players. It’s a mess

I’m sure Conte has some say but Paratici is the one building the roster. That’s the entire point of a DoF

One of the reasons we’re in such a mess is because we got different players for different managers. There’s zero continuity.

One silver lining coming out having many managers is that they all helped identify which players we need to get rid for sure 😄

That hardly makes us unique.

Our Captain was an AVB signing.

Bit isn’t a Adama a co te type player as in rwb? Next manager may not want to play WBs. Are we building a one dimensional squad to suit the current manager?

Bit isn’t a Adama a co te type player as in rwb? Next manager may not want to play WBs. Are we building a one dimensional squad to suit the current manager?
now here is where a real DoF comes into play
the DoF should be looking at the players to see how adoptable they are, can they play in different formations/styles,

There is 0% chance we would go for Adama Traore if Conte didn’t want him.

I personally wouldn’t go for him but I totally understand what see’s in him. Conte creates the passing patterns for the players, he removes the need for decision making because he’s already made them memorise the exact pass he wants them to make when they reach that final play.

It’s why Lucas looks better under him, decision making has always been his problem.

I think Traore could be a monster under conte as he can beat players for fun and make a simple pass which is all conte needs.

There is 0% chance we would go for Adama Traore if Conte didn’t want him.

I personally wouldn’t go for him but I totally understand what see’s in him. Conte creates the passing patterns for the players, he removes the need for decision making because he’s already made them memorise the exact pass he wants them to make when they reach that final play.

It’s why Lucas looks better under him, decision making has always been his problem.

I think Traore could be a monster under conte as he can beat players for fun and make a simple pass which is all conte needs.
Problem is every set of fans and manager since Villa have said the same, could be a monster if you unlock him. Hope it's us but don't expect it.

Also worried about fans turning on him, the amount of stick Walker got for being brainless and no end product.

Problem is every set of fans and manager since Villa have said the same, could be a monster if you unlock him. Hope it's us but don't expect it.

Also worried about fans turning on him, the amount of stick Walker got for being brainless and no end product.
Yeah I get that, and ofcourse if it happens there’s a good chance it doesn’t work out.

But at the end of the day Traore has never had a manager of Conte’s quality trying to improve him.

Look at how awful we looked under Nuno, I’m not surprised Traore never improved under that manager.

Yeah I get that, and ofcourse if it happens there’s a good chance it doesn’t work out.

But at the end of the day Traore has never had a manager of Conte’s quality trying to improve him.

Look at how awful we looked under Nuno, I’m not surprised Traore never improved under that manager.
Apparently he's best time was under pulis who swapped his sides at half time so he could tell him exactly what he wanted to do all game.

We definitely want to be able to move the ball quicker and more accurately in small spaces. Why people think Traore can help with that is anyone's guess though.

Nobody thinks Traore can pass the ball quickly and accurately like a TAA type, but he can move with it quickly and without it quickly. The key is acceleration, particularly in a wide area, and it's a fallacy that low block teams don't leave any space or that a quick player is only effective if he has 50 yards to run in to. A 5 yard bust is enough. We do however, need better midfielders than Hojbjerg to find players who accelerate into small spaces.

Last edited:

But look at other players at wolves, neves, jota, Neto , podence , Jimenez and a few more . Not saying Nuno was a great manager he was shit for us but some of those players are worth a lot more money now than what wolves paid for them,no? I’m sure we’d take half of them, certainly all better than Adama who no one wants and is basically a journey man footballer. Yet some on here think his the 2nd coming!

You could be right, but I really find it hard to believe this would be a Conte signing…
Fits into the 'attacking wing-back' type of player that Conte feels he can convert into a decent footballer - to give him credit he has form - Traore's numbers - crosses - keypasses - dribblers etc. are actually very good - the problem is that he plays for a Wolves team who will only ever have one player forward for Traore to aim at .... that's tactical so not 100% his fault.

He might be a lot more efficient in a team with 2/3 players running into the box. He would certainly stretch defences, something we simply don't do well right now.

Back
Top Bottom