"Absent Yids"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Randomitable

Formerly Reptile_16
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen.

I would like to promote a tradition started on a fellow Spurs forum, the board shall remain nameless but I believe the spirit is just.

Wherever and whomsoever you choose to celebrate Christmas with, please raise a glass to those Yids no longer with us.

"To absent Yids!"

Darren Alexander, who was formerly the joint chairman of the THST immediately springs to mind. He sadly passed away in March 2014 and is missed by many Spurs fans.

To absent Yids.

Last edited:
Never forget,always yids.RESPECT.
1384086341603_lc_galleryImage_Football_Tottenham_Hotspu.JPG

I like the idea of this thread so I'll share a personal one.

Tonight I raised a glass to the man who introduced me to the highs and lows of Tottenham Hotspur. My father.

He passed away on the 4th of March 2013. One day after I had sat next to him on his hospital bed and watched us beat Woolwich 2-1.

Very fitting end to years and years of fighting cancer and one reason why I can never hate AVB even though I wasn't a fan.

I should have said above, that my grandfather sadly passed away in December 2001 after a short period of illness, which I think was related to being a heavy smoker for a number of years. He was also a massive Tottenham fan and a season ticket holder for many years.

I still really regret not going to see him when he was admitted to hospital. At the time, I must have thought that it was not serious and he would be home soon, but sadly he never did.

Here's to my grandfather, an El Alamein vet who passed away this year aged 92, a life long Spurs fan and took me to WHL on a regular basis, which I will never forget. I raise my glass to you Sir!

This is to a steadfast tall dark handsome man , a man of family
and principle who gave his love to all . A Korean War Veteran , who
was wounded in action but still held firm .
A man that held my little hand and took me to White Hart Lane through my
boyhood years . A man that will for ever be deep in my heart .
A love that will never die .

Last edited:
To my old man too. Died suddenly nearly 10 years ago. Talked Spurs 7 days a week (unless we got beaten then he was unbearable the next day) cheers dad. Miss you every day

I'm quite overwhelmed seeing so many positive responses to my little 'tribute' and I'd just like to say thanks. I hope everyone on here has a good year of 2015 and let's fuck up Van Gaal tomorrow.

COME ON YOU SPURS

Back
Top Bottom