Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wasn't complimenting you, as you well know
I also voted you into the bin as that's the third time you have made a comment wishing someone dead, certainly that I have seen.
Absolutely no need for shit like that, and you can't try and shrug it off as banter or humour, primarily because it's not even remotely funny.

Love Azza, always will.
If there was a way for him to be back involved and having an impact next season then I'd be all for it. Can't really see it happening though but this loan spell could sort him out.

Which is why i don't understand why we let him go.

Exactly, it was just what I thought would endear him to Poch to use him in the squad. Given how short he's left himself of numbers by freezing people out it would seem even more relevant to have kept him.

Again just think back a few months and what the whole point of the Everton loan was, he desperately needed freshening up, change of scenery to get firing again, has not been the same player for 3 years and was just not working.

Hopefully we get him back 28 years old next season ready to go or sadly if not part of the plans he will go, I have always liked him I hope there can be a role for him.

I've always had a soft spot for Lennon but have appreciated his failings. What does frustrate me is that whilst his failings are nothing new, neither are those of the players who remain, in fact in most facets of the game Lennon is still the superior player.

This is why he went straight in to my Telegraph FF team and has been a points machine.

he's currently playing in an inferior team with a whole lot of unfamiliar team mates, and in a few weeks he's pretty much got as many goals and assists as Townsend and Lamela combined for the whole season. oh, and he tracks back to help out his right back, doesn't give away silly free kicks or pens.

please sell AT and EL before we think about doing the same with Lennon.

he's currently playing in an inferior team with a whole lot of unfamiliar team mates, and in a few weeks he's pretty much got as many goals and assists as Townsend and Lamela combined for the whole season. oh, and he tracks back to help out his right back, doesn't give away silly free kicks or pens.

please sell AT and EL before we think about doing the same with Lennon.
Just so I'm clear, you want to sell two 23 year olds, and replace them with a 28 year old thats scored about 30 goals in his whole career and has a pitiful amount of assists for a right winger?

Just so I'm clear, you want to sell two 23 year olds, and replace them with a 28 year old thats scored about 30 goals in his whole career and has a pitiful amount of assists for a right winger?
he was pretty much an ever present in teams that finished 5th 3 times and 4th twice, and got to CL QF. he's currently playing very well.

now which of those 23 year olds look like they're going to do anything remarkable for us?

and actually I was at WHL for a match earlier this season where he produced more in 10 mins than EL did in 80. Pity that Poch picks on whether your face fits rather than form.

Assists arent easy to come by when your target is Soldado.

Assists arent easy to come by when your target is Soldado.
Whats Soldado got to do with anything, Aaron Lennon has been with us for 10 years.
he was pretty much an ever present in teams that finished 5th 3 times and 4th twice, and got to CL QF. he's currently playing very well.

now which of those 23 year olds look like they're going to do anything remarkable for us?

and actually I was at WHL for a match earlier this season where he produced more in 10 mins than EL did in 80. Pity that Poch picks on whether your face fits rather than form.
Not even worth a response. If you want Lennon having a couple of good games affect you, go ahead. Its certainly not going to wipe my memory clean of the last few years. Besides I'm a Tottenham supporter, and to the best of my knowledge Lennon is currently and Everton player.

Whats Soldado got to do with anything, Aaron Lennon has been with us for 10 years.

Not even worth a response. If you want Lennon having a couple of good games affect you, go ahead. Its certainly not going to wipe my memory clean of the last few years. Besides I'm a Tottenham supporter, and to the best of my knowledge Lennon is currently and Everton player.
He's a Spurs player like Holtby!

So i can add "fucking idiot" and "shit manager" to "silly old cunt" on your list of attributes.
You seem such a charming man.
So - Why not - you are safe where you are, so you can say what you like. Lets face it, you wouldn't get the opportunity if you tried to say it to me personally.
Pity you can't recognise a decent footballer when you see one though.

You seem such a charming man.
So - Why not - you are safe where you are, so you can say what you like. Lets face it, you wouldn't get the opportunity if you tried to say it to me personally.
Pity you can't recognise a decent footballer when you see one though.
You said you'd rather play someone with a broken leg, ergo you're a fucking idiot. And believe me, i would happily say it to your face. Don't mistake my lack of respect for you as some form of hiding behind a keyboard.
As for Lennon, like i said he's had a couple of good games. He's had good games for us before, and if he comes back I'm sure he'll have good games for us again. Except he's been here 10 years and lets face it, he's mostly living off the promise he's shown in a few games. At 28 he's getting to the point where he can longer solely rely on his pace. Hence we've seen his defensive game improve so much.. but the fact of it is, he's getting to the point in his career where things start heading south. And players like Lennon typically don't do well into their 30's. Once his speed goes, what is left? His goal scoring? His crossing?
Pity you're a fucking idiot or you'd have considered all this when making your moronic comments. You prick.

If we're going to be going with a speedy little hit and run merchant on the right, id rather it be one who might get better in the next couple of years, rather than one this will get worse. And if he can occaisionally fluke a shot in from 30 yards out, I'm all for it.

Back
Top Bottom