A trip to the Seaside - Southampton Away, 19/12/15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I missed the game so just had a look at the passing stats....
Today we recorded our lowest number of forward passes this season.
Our forward pass completion rate (61%) was also the lowest for the season (which is more worrying).
Our number of passes in the attacking third was the second lowest for the season.
Looking at the overall pass pattern it seems that a lot of long balls went astray.
Maybe our pressing and/or ball recovery rate made up for the poor passing.

Clean sheet and a 2-0 win. That'll do.

Great photo of our HK scoring:

smc11.jpg

So proud of our lads again.

If we can win our next two games against Watford & Norwich, we will be right in the mix for the top places and hopefully ahead of those cunts in red.

COYS!!
at the beginning of the season a dog would have run on & blocked his shot on the line.

must win game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if we dont then it means the next game is a must win game!!!!!!!!!!!

First 20 I feared the worst for us as Southampton started pretty strong, fortunately after the first goal and the quick second it was all over and we controlled the game second half. The best thing about this game is we took the lead but we didn't get too sloppy and let Southampton back into it... shows they've learnt from the Newcastle match

The Dane -

??

17 PL matches, 5 exciting performances imo:

Everton (despite 0-0, high tempo, lots of chances created);
Citeh;
B'mouth;
Goons;
Wet Spam.

7 dull ones.

10 matches, we've scored 0 or 1.
Every season we get this...we've won so many games but we only played well in x amount of them. In my opinion, every team can say the same including the scum, and I guarantee if you look on their forums there will be fans saying the exact same thing. Fact is that lots of football games are scrappy and most wins are going to be ground out rather than won with great football. The sign of a successful team is being able to win when not playing well...or else we could go back to Ossie Ardiles and play 5 up front and finish 17th? We try and play the ball on the floor, OK it's not all out attack but we're hardly Pulis-era Stoke City.

Back
Top Bottom