A good weekend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs win away

Chelsea draw at home to Everton
Woolwich draw at home to Wolves

Manchester United lose at Manchester City.

So we narrow the gap to 3rd to one point, and we remain 3 points off 2nd and 5 points off top spot

We are 3 points clear of 5th now

Manchester United are now 7 points behind in 8th position

I'd say that's a very decent weekend with 3 of our rivals dropping points whilst we gained all 3 points !

Last edited:
A very good weekend with Woolwich and United dropping points, especially if you realize that we won't finish above City this season. Finishing second would be great, but I'm happy as long as we qualify for the Champions League.

Last edited:
Spurs win away

So we narrow the gap to 3rd to one point, and we remain 3 points off 2nd and 5 points off top spot

I'd say that's a very decent weekend with 3 of our rivals dropping points whilst we gained all 3 points !
That's exactly what I came on to read.
And without Vertongen.
...We could be good.

That's exactly what I came on to read.
And without Vertongen.
...We could be good.

Not to mention that Eriksen & Dele have barely kicked a ball for us yet & Sonny is a bit peripheral compared to how he's been in the past. All in all I think it's a tremendous start and a great weekend for us altogether. Roll on a two week break and the blue racists next time around. Get a win against that lot and there'll be so many good vibes surrounding us

Yup, great weekend for us. If we can make it count in these next two fixtures we could start to see a gap forming between us and Woolwich.

Then we can start looking up instead of down. If we can maintain our position until we get in to that new stadium, then I would bet my mortgage on us finishing top 3.

All ifs and buts though, a long way to go. We need to make it count over the next few games. 4 points would be a brilliant return for the next two fixtures.
:avbpray:

Last edited:
Yup, great weekend for us. If we can make it count in these next two fixtures we could start to see a gap forming between us and Woolwich.

Then we can start looking up instead of down. If we can maintain our position until we get in to that new stadium, then I would bet mortgage on us finishing top 3.

All ifs and buts though, a long way to go. We need to make it count over the next few games. 4 points would be a brilliant return for the next two fixtures.
:avbpray:

Well said.

After the Woolwich/Chelsea games we don't play another big team until the 1st of January. That's a run of 7 games where we can pick up ahead of steam and hopefully get our goal difference up.

Spurs win away

Yep agreed.

A Manchester draw would have been better.

We need to move away as much as possible in seeing 4th as a marker of success. It becomes an issue of the mind and inhibits more than inspires in my opinion.

But Woolwich and Chelsea drawing was a welcome surprise and lets hope the hyperbolic Martinez plays his captain fully and that Southgate gives other strikers their chance.

But yes, next test is a big one but one we should be ready for.

The biggest concern for us is Eriksen. Form hopefully as opposed to looking to move on.

I've certainly had worse. Watching Spurs win in a gooner pub was pleasant as well.
Was in the famous Cock tavern at Highbury Corner for the game as was going to a gig at the town hall. This young lady cheered us on behind me, and her bloke told her to "ssh, be careful" I turned round and said " you're alright darling all us lot are yids as well" and pointed to the group of lumps I was with :)

Yep agreed.

A Manchester draw would have been better.

We need to move away as much as possible in seeing 4th as a marker of success. It becomes an issue of the mind and inhibits more than inspires in my opinion.

But Woolwich and Chelsea drawing was a welcome surprise and lets hope the hyperbolic Martinez plays his captain fully and that Southgate gives other strikers their chance.

But yes, next test is a big one but one we should be ready for.

The biggest concern for us is Eriksen. Form hopefully as opposed to looking to move on.

I can't see us overtaking Mancity this season - I regard this season as transitional as we need to be in our new home for the whole season and that was never the plan, we were always going to have a few games at Wembley and more away games at the start - so happy enough for Mancity to beat out other rivals like ManU so we open up a gap on ManU.

Only negative from the weekend was ref not spotting Liverpool gk take a quick freekick with the ball still moving after Fulham's disallowed goal (and that a very tight decision). Without that first goal Liverpool might also have drawn.....and that would have made it a VERY good weekend for us with a 4th rival dripping points. But not to be.

Biggest concern is both Eriksen and the number of injuries we are still picking up (thanks PL for starting the season at least one week earlier than other European leagues after a world cup arranged by FIFA far too late in the summer so most of our first team had no pre-season and inadequate rest post wc leading to all these muscular injuries).

But having played 8 away games with 7 wins and just 4 games at Wembley, we are picking up points nicely.

Back
Top Bottom