A Day in the Life.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, but his point was: why can't they do classroom based stuff on top of that?
They do that sort of stuff in for American Football. I'm not particularly sure why, as I think it could help in certain areas. I do think football is a very instinctive game, you can plan up to a certain extent - but at the end of the day it's a very adaptable sport so classroom time doesn't necessarily equate to results.

They do that sort of stuff in for American Football. I'm not particularly sure why, as I think it could help in certain areas. I do think football is a very instinctive game, you can plan up to a certain extent - but at the end of the day it's a very adaptable sport so classroom time doesn't necessarily equate to results.
Studying your upcoming opponents? Seeing where they run, which feet they shoot with, who's strong on set pieces, etc.? Surely worthwhile.

Studying your upcoming opponents? Seeing where they run, which feet they shoot with, who's strong on set pieces, etc.? Surely worthwhile.
The studying of upcoming opponents is normally for the job of the coaching staff - then I assume they communicate these things to the players themselves.

I think some of what you said can be useful for the players - but sometimes I think a player can have too much information. maybe it's just a case of finding a balance between playing instinctively and knowing what to do in certain situations.

I think it sounds good because he does all the detailed stuff but still keeps it relatively simple for our players.

More importantly, dinner round his sounds pretty nice!

Back
Top Bottom