#40 - Dance With The Devil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
This week, Bardi, Flav and Thelonious talk Burnley, 90k at Wembley, Windy provides a happier update than last week. In the 2nd half we talk about the future of Erik Lamela and we select our worst XI of the last 20 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey chaps I come in peace. Oh no they say, this means another whinge. Nah not looking for a rise.

Firstly I pickup the pod most weeks and love it so keep it coming.
Secondly, Just wanna give you some feedback - you need more data before starting the plastic vs real supporter thingy.

This one been done too many times - I just don't think you understand.

I think it was Flav who said we had supporters go to Oz last yr, they are real supporters, stay calm Flav - not criticism. Does that work for downunder supporters who go to WHL? Not once but do it every couple of years - real supporters or plastic.

No doubt we want cheering loud supporters at WHL, including the NWHL but don't fall into the trap that we (overseas) who go to WHL are silent armchair dancers. I'm from a Newcastle, not the 5-1 but a 300k city 165k north of Sydney (we Ozspurs call it Yidney) - we have Spurs community in Newie will get a group to pub 12 times or so a year. Then we got a big, big support in Yidney. Sydney Ozspurs put on every match, big loud numbers turn up, I get down 3-4 times a year, once this season meet Emma Storey (London lady think she been on your pod) she was in residence this year for a couple of games - get her on the show to talk about real supporters downunder.

Yeah just a couple of hundred in a Sydney pub, but extend that all over Oz and the World, I've met travelling guys from America, Brazil and Ireland who have popped into the Triple Aces Bar (now Surrey Hills Hotel) to get a Spurs fix. I've got Yidney mates who have dropped in on Dallas Spurs Supporter Club, likewise Chicago, Dublin no doubt others do the same world over. Acknowledge us don't isolate us - we help keep ticket prices down, we buy memberships, merch, help flog sponsorship worldwide.

We all want to be there and we are. 1am this weekend KO I'll be there, Yidney for Watford, Newie pub for Bournemouth and others all over world the same.

Hey chaps I come in peace. Oh no they say, this means another whinge. Nah not looking for a rise.

Secondly, Just wanna give you some feedback - you need more data before starting the plastic vs real supporter thingy.

I think it was Flav who said we had supporters go to Oz last yr, they are real supporters, stay calm Flav - not criticism. Does that work for downunder supporters who go to WHL? Not once but do it every couple of years - real supporters or plastic.

No doubt we want cheering loud supporters at WHL, including the NWHL but don't fall into the trap that we (overseas) who go to WHL are silent armchair dancers. I'm from a Newcastle, not the 5-1 but a 300k city 165k north of Sydney (we Ozspurs call it Yidney) - we have Spurs community in Newie will get a group to pub 12 times or so a year. Then we got a big, big support in Yidney. Sydney Ozspurs put on every match, big loud numbers turn up, I get down 3-4 times a year, once this season meet Emma Storey (London lady think she been on your pod) she was in residence this year for a couple of games - get her on the show to talk about real supporters downunder.

Yeah just a couple of hundred in a Sydney pub, but extend that all over Oz and the World, I've met travelling guys from America, Brazil and Ireland who have popped into the Triple Aces Bar (now Surrey Hills Hotel) to get a Spurs fix. I've got Yidney mates who have dropped in on Dallas Spurs Supporter Club, likewise Chicago, Dublin no doubt others do the same world over. Acknowledge us don't isolate us - we help keep ticket prices down, we buy memberships, merch, help flog sponsorship worldwide.

We all want to be there and we are. 1am this weekend KO I'll be there, Yidney for Watford, Newie pub for Bournemouth and others all over world the same.
I said that, as I also said, it's a tired argument and no one should really give a shit. No one has to justify their support to anyone.

edit: reading it back, it was a bit more aggressive than what I intended. You or anyone who is unable to be a regular at WHL don't need to give lengthy reasonings justifying your support to anyone. The game is global and obviously with only 33k (for now) who have that privilege can do so. So there are more people not going to games than those who are.

Last edited:

I dont agree with the term Plastic either. I made a point that the people who go make up a tiny fraction of the spurs fan base.

Season ticket holder, Bronze member or whatever, there is no yard stick by which to measure yourself a "fan". Of course those that give up time and money to go home and away should be applauded, but for 99% of spurs fans it's impossible financially or geographically.

As T said (in typical T fashion) no one can judge you, its up to you how you chose to support. Don't let people tell you how to live your life, unless it's flav and he's giving you "that look"

Thanks T, Bardi and agree that core that travel home and away are brilliant club fans - would love to be to sell up and go and live in UK for 12 mths go home and away games. Then I ask my expat mates and they say no way winter/autumn/spring is too hard summer is good though.
That aside try and get Emma on the show to share Spurs downunder or in other parts the world. Read in the Levy financials that there is now 100 official supporter clubs worldwide.
Spurs in the blood - COYS

Back
Top Bottom