4 wins from the last 16 in the league (18 points)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On 08/02/12 Harry Redknapp was cleared of tax evasion charges. On 12/02/12 Tottenham absolutely smashed Newcastle 5-0 in front of a delerious crowd at White Hart Lane

Since that night ... Spurs have won only 4 of 16 Premier League matches:

Woolwich 5-2 Tottenham
Tottenham 1-3 Man Utd
Everton 1-0 Tottenham
Tottenham 1-1 Stoke
Chelsea 0-0 Tottenham
Tottenham 3-1 Swansea
Sunderland 0-0 Tottenham
Tottenham 1-2 Norwich
QPR 1-0 Tottenham
Tottenham 2-0 Blackburn
Bolton 1-4 Tottenham
Aston Villa 1-1 Tottenham
Tottenham 2-0 Fulham
Newcastle 2-1 Tottenham
Tottenham 1-1 West Brom
Tottenham 1-1 Norwich

That's 18 points from the last 16 league matches, which is barely above the relegation mark. And we're talking about almost half a seasons worth of matches now. The frustration setting in with the crowd isn't just for a few matches under AVB, the entire club has been in a very long, deep funk for quite a while now - and under 2 different managers.

We know there's quality out there on the pitch, but it's been a long time since it showed itself. The club is mired playing relegation level football and something needs to happen to snap everyone out of it. I'm not sure what that needs to be, but this isn't just a few games under a new manager kind of funk ... it's set in deep at this point.

I think the point is that it's not really all on the manager - there's a group of talented players that for whatever reason haven't been playing to their talent level for some time now.

Frankly, it looks like a confidence thing ... the players on the pitch look tentative and lost, not just attacking but also defending. There's not the assertiveness and aggression we saw when this group was playing at their best. I'm sure the nervous home fans aren't helping, I'm sure the negative press isn't helping, but what this teams needs more than anything else is to just go out and smash someone and get that confidence back.

Something needs to happen?

SOMETHING DID HAPPEN!!

We went on an amazing run last season, we were riding the crest of a wave there until it all came crashing down at Woolwich.

They go on about it in football but imagine the confidence level of the players when we were in the middle of that run compared to now...

I think it's a mental issue, many of our players seem afraid to try. Plus, we don't have enough players who can score goals on a regular basis. Hopefully this will change now with Gylfi, Dempsey and even Vertonghen, but the likes of Livermore, Sandro, Lennon and to a certain degree Bale (very inconsistent) can not be relied upon when it comes to scoring. Our general finishing has been sub-par for a while now. Also, what's the point of having great wing/wingback-play when there's no one in the middle ready to receive the crosses? The big guys need to get in the box more often. Walker needs some serious work on his crossing btw, and his abilty to take on defenders. I thinks his speed is wasted too often.

We as a club, fans players, manager's all think we are better than we are. We try to play the patient posession game, and we cant.

We need the huff and puff, simple as.

This thread just underlines the fact that the players aren't performing so they need to pull their fingers out. The last two results could have been avoided by basic hard work and concentration. Doesn't matter who the manager is.

_269695_eileen300.jpg

SanDiegoYiddo said:
Andre Villas Boas' last 15 games:
6 wins
24 points

:avbshit:

6 wins, 24 points

6 wins / 24 points = 1 win per 4th point

which means that we will at least have won 1 match when we reach 4 points
From where we are now there are two possible ways to reach 4 points:
1. Draw another two matches - this scenario doesn't include any wins, which means it is not valid.
2. Win next match = 5 points

THE STATS PROVES THAT WE WILL WIN NEXT MATCH COYS LOL! :avbwtf: :baeshock:

Also, 1 win per 4th point = 2 wins per 8th points :harryfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom