#24 The Title Promise

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent
This is episode 24. There is no 23. It's dead to us. We don't like that number much. Footballing reasons. Tribal. You work it out.

What we got for you then? We've got screaming. We've got singing. We've got Tottenham.

Part I

Untidy win versus WBA at the Lane.
Bale and the free-roam.
Set-pieces.
Festive match round-up.
Sandro. Got a big one.
Jaded players and the need for rotation.
Playa haters and them lot from down the road.
Everton: The golden game in hand.

Feature: Windy drops another yoof knowledge bomb. Kaboom!

Part II

Fighting Cock best player 'awards'.
FA Cup Weekend. We in it to win it?
The pact, the promise.
Silverware or Top 4 revisited.
Expectations for the Jan transfer window. Consolidate or special player?
Favourite away grounds and tales of Madrid.

Love the shirt.

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

Regarding Trunk's point about perception - I can see where he's coming from, that other clubs only take us SO seriously & everyone expects us to fall away. However, my attitude to this is the same as my attitude towards our players - everyone else can underrate us, say that we're a two-man team or whatever else. We're up there, we have faith & I genuinely believe that we'll be there or thereabouts on the last day of the season. And if we're not, so what? We'll come back next year, with ALL of our players still here (as long as we want them) & a few new faces and we'll make a better run of it.

In short - fuck the rest. We're Tottenham Hotspur.

So many things I loved this week:

Trunk: "they should just die" had me lolling in public.
Ricky and Flav's competing put-down.
Great mix of banter and Spurs chat.
And...sing song.

I was over halfway through listening to that "song" at the end when I realised it was supposed to be to the tune of This Charming man.

Thank God I was listening on iTunes and was able to put the original Smiths version on immediately so I could erase the memory of it...

I was fully expecting an accompanying youtube video of some bloke with a cardboard cut-out Tottenham scarf and a mock up of the Carling Cup covered in silver paper...

Back
Top Bottom