#24 - Gaping Holes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Ricky, Spooky and Flav muse over the January transfer window, Brazilians and a gaping hole and whether we need to stick anything in it. There's AVB bringing ether. We look ahead to the two City's (Manchester and Hull). Windy delivers a brilliant update from Dortmund's majestic stadium. We say no to the Tigers. Modern football gets an unsurprising kick in the balls. Also got the latest on 1882. Make sure you listen till the very end of the pod for a new gem from Engineer Al.

Love the shirt.

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

Honest question and not taking the piss. How is recommending people go to Dortmond to a match as a "football tourist" any different than people coming to WHL as a "football tourist" that seems to piss so many people off on this forum? I'm Spurs through and through, so not defending myself or anything, just asking.

Honest question and not taking the piss. How is recommending people go to Dortmond to a match as a "football tourist" any different than people coming to WHL as a "football tourist" that seems to piss so many people off on this forum? I'm Spurs through and through, so not defending myself or anything, just asking.
They're ground seats 80'000 ours seats 36'000 makes a lot of difference.
Also... They're the darling of the football hipsters at the minute, and are adored by all. Whereas we aren't even really liked by half of our actual fans... Let alone anyone else.

There's always going to be football tourists at matches where tickets are available to 'anyone' - the key is to limit these tickets (and of course for those who are the actual fans to make a difference).

Two things I'd add about my trip:

1. Amazing number of flags. Will try to remember to post some vids/pics later in the week.
2. The referee was hugely influenced by the fans. The scrutiny of his decisions was absolutely unreal - way worse than Old Trafford, for example.

They're ground seats 80'000 ours seats 36'000 makes a lot of difference.
Also... They're the darling of the football hipsters at the minute, and are adored by all. Whereas we aren't even really liked by half of our actual fans... Let alone anyone else.

That doesn't really make sense - tourists shouldn't come to watch us because nobody likes us at the moment - if the tourists just wanted to go to a PL game in London tickets at the other grounds are easier to come by, they must actually really want to see Spurs to make the effort and pay the money.

There's always going to be football tourists at matches where tickets are available to 'anyone' - the key is to limit these tickets (and of course for those who are the actual fans to make a difference).

Two things I'd add about my trip:

1. Amazing number of flags. Will try to remember to post some vids/pics later in the week.
2. The referee was hugely influenced by the fans. The scrutiny of his decisions was absolutely unreal - way worse than Old Trafford, for example.
I wasn't slagging you off, Windy. I was asking an honest question. Thanks for responding nicely.
:adebaehug:

That doesn't really make sense - tourists shouldn't come to watch us because nobody likes us at the moment - if the tourists just wanted to go to a PL game in London tickets at the other grounds are easier to come by, they must actually really want to see Spurs to make the effort and pay the money.
This has nothing to do with what I was saying. He asked what's the difference between tourists at Dortmund (which windy was, and everyone agreed was amazing) and tourists at WHL (which is constantly referred to as wrong and evil)

Back
Top Bottom