23/24 season fixtures

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luton may have to play their first few games away.
I don't really understand any of that bollocks. They denied Stevenage Borough entry into the Football League back in 1996 on the basis that their ground wasn't "up to scratch".

What do you need? A pitch, terraces, floodlights, police, security, paramedics, a referee and a couple of linesmen - all of these things should be well within the means of Luton Town. The BBC TV cameras have been filming at non-league grounds and stadiums from the lower divisions for years. Sky and BT should have even less trouble.

I think they're just picking on Luton because it's a rough area.

I don't really understand any of that bollocks. They denied Stevenage Borough entry into the Football League back in 1996 on the basis that their ground wasn't "up to scratch".

What do you need? A pitch, terraces, floodlights, police, security, paramedics, a referee and a couple of linesmen - all of these things should be well within the means of Luton Town. The BBC TV cameras have been filming at non-league grounds and stadiums from the lower divisions for years. Sky and BT should have even less trouble.

I have a few friends in Luton, having worked there for a while, and they all pretty much say the same as you.

Back in 1985, Wealdstone did the non league double. Automatic promotion wasn't a thing back then and the Football League decided Lower Mead (our ground in Harrow Weald and now a Tesco) wasn't deemed good enough, so promotion was denied.

Shame the allocation will be so small. I’d love to go - I miss some of the little grounds (loved going to Griffin Park)

10% feels a lot for them to allocate - I could look but is there a minimum number they have to provide to away fans? suspect I won’t have enough points until after they build their new ground (assuming they stay up long enough)
I think it’s the whole end behind that row of terraced houses so I don’t think they have much choice given the design/state of the ground.

I think it will be a points record.

Last edited:
I think it’s the whole end behind that row of terraced houses so I I don’t think they have much choice given the design/state of the ground.

I think I it will be a points record.

All good and well having Bournemouth and Luton in the PL but it’s likely to be ending up at >600 LPs to go there and more away days only open to an exclusive few.

10% feels a lot for them to allocate - I could look but is there a minimum number they have to provide to away fans? suspect I won’t have enough points until after they build their new ground (assuming they stay up long enough)
Prem rules state 3000 seats should be allocated to the away team - if capacity is less than 30,000 then 10% of seats should be allocated to the away team

Will start next season with about 415 loyalty points so not expecting to get tickets for Luton Bournemouth or Brentford but should get the other 16

they'd have to relocate no?

_108201159_gettyimages-656672884.jpg

they'd have to relocate no?

_108201159_gettyimages-656672884.jpg
No. Apparently they have 75 days to bring Kenilworth Road up to code with an estimated £10 million of work planned, mainly on broadcasting facilities. The away end is the bit that looks like a bicycle shed behind a row of terraced houses.

No. Apparently they have 75 days to bring Kenilworth Road up to code with an estimated £10 million of work planned, mainly on broadcasting facilities. The away end is the bit that looks like a bicycle shed behind a row of terraced houses.
It all looks like a bicycle shed behind a row of terraced houses.

it's a shame that we are losing grounds like these to make way for the football juggernaut. maybe it's the same argument as the high street vs the shopping centre though. evolution and all that

Plenty of room for a bunch of flag waving Aussies who somehow manage to get a ticket with about 3 loyaly points then.

Roughly 13% of that 10% is assigned to corporate members. So if Australian fans make up 3% of the overall corporate allocation then that equates to 3.9 Australians per away match day for every 1000 tickets we get.

quickmaths-bigshaq.gif

it's a shame that we are losing grounds like these to make way for the football juggernaut. maybe it's the same argument as the high street vs the shopping centre though. evolution and all that
Hopefully it will eventually move online so I don’t have to go or watch anymore.

Back
Top Bottom