2013-14 Squad Numbers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last year there was a mental uproar about it because everyone bought Bale 3 and then he had 11. Could be they just want people to wait or at least have a leg to stand on this year.

WHAT IT ACTUALLY MEANS IS BALE IS LEAVING OBVS OMG FUCK.

Last year there was a mental uproar about it because everyone bought Bale 3 and then he had 11. Could be they just want people to wait or at least have a leg to stand on this year.

WHAT IT ACTUALLY MEANS IS BALE IS LEAVING OBVS OMG FUCK.

He also wore number 9 during pre-season - which made a lot of people think that'd be his new number

I'm expecting players like Kane, Carroll, Townsend etc to be given new numbers ... We have quite a few vacant ... 12,13,14,15,17,21 etc

I doubt it, Kane (37), Carroll (46) and Townsend (31) have had their shirt numbers for a while now, you can even buy a Carroll 46 shirt on the spurs shop online. The numbers that are free I don't think are much in demand or they would have taken them already. These kids will only change number if they ever make it as regular first teamers and if something good becomes available.

I think Chadli wore the number 21 shirt against Monaco? Wonder what Paulinho will wear.

The following numbers are free (upto 30, players in brackets when last taken)
2 (Dempsey 2012/13)
12 (Palacios 2010/11)
13 (Gallas 2012/13)
14 (Modric 2011/12 - Holtby in Europe 2012/13)
15 (Bentley 2012/13)
17 (Gio 2011/12)
26 (King 2011/12)

I must admit I think squad numbers/names on the back of shirts are a load of old cobblers. Shirts should be numbered 1-11, then 12 -27 for the subs. Surely the players should know each other by now! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom